• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

matrix or matrix rejected? (1 Viewer)

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
ohh u know what....
i neva saw the first matrix n every 1 was telling me how good it was.

i finally got around to watching it .. n it was the shittest movie ive seen in my whole bloody life...

so i dont think the second one wuld be ne more exciting

v sia

HSC
SKA ...........
80 % of people hate things cause they dont get it .
Matrix 1 was the best movie that came out that year

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
errrrr well i guess i make up that 20% that just thought was crap :p

smegthehead

is chairman kaga
HSC
the first one was great, i even liked the second one enough to go and buy the dvd, but the third one was ghastly, it looked like the Wachowski's just got a shitty action director like john woo in to do most of it

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
Originally posted by SKA
ohh u know what....
i neva saw the first matrix n every 1 was telling me how good it was.

i finally got around to watching it .. n it was the shittest movie ive seen in my whole bloody life...

so i dont think the second one wuld be ne more exciting

Pretending the sequels never happened, how can anyone think matrix 1 was crap? it was such a novel idea. u boggle my mind SKA.

Last edited:

simmic

red-headed tensai
HSC
yeh i thought matrix 1 was really good but i didnt like the sequels that much i guess becasue i had higher expectations. The first matrix introduced a new concept while the other two tried to keep up with the success of the first one too much and got lost in its original intentions and yes...became pretty much like a john woo movie. A lot of action and a lot of crap. Yeah...what was that club scene all about??

Usually i dont really like sequels where the hero and heroine already got together in the first movie. Cos that usually mean in the sequels, they'll either be a) all over eachother or b)break up because of some stupid misunderstand and either get back together in the end or a new character is introduced and they get together with that new person. Clearly the matrix sequels belonged to a) urgghhh. Personally i always think the chase is more interesting

Ok the only good thing about the sequels was the multiple agent smiths fighting neo scene in reloaded and the rain scene in revolutions.

MouNtY

i thought that the first one was quite good, which lead me to watch the second one which was an abslolute piece of shit

v sia

HSC
number 2 is better than number 1
watch number 2 times 100 times ( seriously ) like me and u will think so too

( im so gonna get flamed for this )

crjeong

The first one was awesome!!
The second one had great fight scenes and action sequences!! (but no storyline)
The third had a crap storyline and crap action sequences!(they could have atleast given us a bit more bullet time!!! the whole reason the matrix films were made famous)

smegthehead

is chairman kaga
HSC
did you notice that the actors didn't really plug the 2nd and third movies as much as the first one?

on the reloaded dvd, laurence fishburn says that he signed on for the 2nd and 3rd movies without even looking at the script. he says thats how confident he was about the wachowski's "vision".

he's probably kicking himself over that one now

Last edited:

simmic

red-headed tensai
HSC
but despite the 2nd movie not being that great it still managed to gross a lot of money and even though i didnt like the 2nd, i went on to watch the 3rd one anyway, as i suppose many other did as well simply cos they've watched 2 already...thus again increasing the Wachowski's fortune.

Oh yeah...i heard a rumour that originally they had set Hong kong actor Chow ren fa (that dude friom crouching tiger hidden dragon) to play Morpheus in the first Matrix but he turned it down.

But i reckon the sequels would've sucked even more if it didnt have the original actors in it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)