Matrix (1 Viewer)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I liked the first matrix. The second one just plain sucked and the third one had a gay ending.

ishq

brown?
HSC
Complete Matrix Fan! Matrix Reloaded was the best!
Except the third movie was a tad melodramatic....But i guess that happens at the end of a series....

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
They did go too far with the CGI. It looked good up to the point you could tell it looked like a computer image.

Morpheus looked so cool in the first movie but dressed like shit in the second. And Smith was the best villain.

But if they're doing fourth they should try harder. The first Matrix was the best and the rest went down hill. They could have done so better with the story.

ishq

brown?
HSC
There aint no fourth!
It was the year for trilogies...

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Korn said:
Im i the only one who finds the Matrix to be overrated or what and the storyline is so unoriginal
um... yeh. cos that storyline has been done so many times before. wtf ? the matrix IS original, but also confusing. i loved the 1st & 2nd one, but the 3rd one stunk.

ishq

brown?
HSC
What is it with movies and melodramatic endings?
:D

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
Annegelic, it was unoriginal in that none of the ideas in the story were original. It was basically ripped straight out of Ghost in the Machine, and all of the philosophy was thousands of years old (Plato's Caves specifically). Sure nobody had thought of bullet time or whatever yet, but the story itself had nothing that hadn't been thought of before. The second movie was complete bullshit, with all the pathetic wannabe philosophy jammed into a pretentious 5 minute wank at the end of the movie using pretentious wanker words like "ergo" and "apropos", just so the writers could make themselves clever while covering the fact that the speech was lame.
And then the third was just a video game, because the brothers knew that cool images were the only way they'd be able to draw an audience. The end was kinda cool just because it wasn't what I expected, but I'm sure if I bothered to watch it again I'd think it was as lame as the rest of the movie.

Last edited:

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Annegelic said:
um... yeh. cos that storyline has been done so many times before. wtf ? the matrix IS original, but also confusing. i loved the 1st & 2nd one, but the 3rd one stunk.
Actually its is a copied version of some Japanese film, that they only changed a small number of things

Last edited:

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
I loved the first matrix; the second one sucked, and the third one sucked ass. Sequels are so often overrated.

Stan..

HSC
No, When I saw it the first time. I thought that the lobby scene was alright, But overall it was bullshit. It spawned two crap sequels.

Evansy

HSC
pam17 said:
I found it to be completely over-rated. The sequels sucked - I fell asleep in both, the first was okay.

Product of too much hype.
Dude the movies were all great, how can you say they were shit.... Open your eyes and watch them and look at the hiden meanings man, the films are great

transcendent

HSC
N/A
I really think that the reason people don't like the Matrix sequels is because they don't get it. What a shame.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
What is there to not get? Sure some of the philosophy/visual images/metaphors and allegories might go over people's heads, but the story itself is just crap. And it's even worse that the directors/writers are so fucking arrogant about knowing all these bullshit philosophies and how their films are so "smart", when really they're just boring rip-offs.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
It makes sense. It's just shit. Maybe you're the one who doesn't get it.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
i tihnk in the third matrix , the scenes where the huge robots humans use and how they shoot at all those bugs that are trying to get into their city , that scene is so prolonged and boring. Shore the visuals were greats but want a good story line not just look at the ability of effects experts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)