MATS1101 vs CHEM1011/CHEM1031 (1 Viewer)

o.bi.sess

You feeling lucky, punk?
HSC
I'm going to be doing a BE (Industrial Chemistry) degree and have chosen the MATS1101/CEIC1001 combination over the actual chemistry classes. Then I get an email last night from a professor from the School of Chemistry telling me I should swap to CHEM1011 of CHEM1031 because they are prereqs for second and third year chemistry. It was implied that if I didn't do either one of them I wouldn't be able to enrol in the core chemistry courses later on.

So, after completely freaking out for a night, I called ChSE this morning and was told that that they really can't stop me from enrolling and that MATS1101 would be okay. Except the lady couldn't give me any information about what was in the actual course compared to CHEM1011/CHEM1031. She just told me to sneak into the other class and have a look to see if it was more to my liking.

I just wanted a student's opinion of the two classes. Does it really matter if I don't do CHEM1011/CHEM1031 and stick with MATS1101? I mean, MATS1101 was the recommended, but that email has made me paranoid considering it's a week out from uni and it'll be really hard to find time slots in another class. My whole timetable is gonna be screwed to hell and back if I attempt to change anything.

STx

Boom Bap
HSC
I havent done those courses but I would go with what the prof was recommending, it seems like more of a core course as well- the CHEM one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)