Maximising laptop battery life? (1 Viewer)

Danger

HSC
Hey you laptop experts, I am having problems with my laptop's battery life.
I thinnk it is supposed to last more than 3 hours but I am only getting 2 hours max. I've looked it up on google and all i could find was 'battery life cycle' which basically said charge battery to full then use till its empty, then charge again.

Lavenderpup

HSC
Perhaps try fixing the settings so that it uses the max battery setting, using less brightness, turning off wi-fi/bluetooth when not using it, and etc.
that battery life cycle thing just refers to the fact that you shouldn't keep it at 100% because it'll wear out.
finally, the supposed lasting more than 3 hours could just be advertising.

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
HUH, my laptop is only 1.5yrs old and the battery last just less then an hour. You should be happy with 2hrs.

Also use your laptop with just the charger plugged in, as it can work without the battery, this will help to not corrode your battery internally especially if your battery is fully charged but is still plugged into charger.

Freshmex

Stapler Donator.
HSC
I don't know about other vendor's laptops (I use Apple), but does the battery drain when it's 'plugged in' (i.e. the battery powers the laptop, and plugging the laptop in just refills the battery, hence wearing it out). No idea if it applies with your laptop, but I know it applies to NEC.

nubix

HSC
Freshmex said:
I don't know about other vendor's laptops (I use Apple), but does the battery drain when it's 'plugged in' (i.e. the battery powers the laptop, and plugging the laptop in just refills the battery, hence wearing it out). No idea if it applies with your laptop, but I know it applies to NEC.
No, but the heat your laptop generates kill the cells so it is recommended that you put the battery in the fridge when you have it plugged in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)