Maximising Your Graduate Employability (Free Workshop) - 9th March (1 Viewer)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Maximising your graduate employability workshop

Hi all,

Are you a high school or university student who wants to get the job you want by the time you graduate?

Whether you are applying for a casual/part-time role or a full time cadetship/internship/graduate position, it is essential that you know the techniques that give you the best chance of getting hired by the employer you want. Why? Because in this day and age simply having a degree does NOT guarantee employability.

Even from my own experiences, there are many aspects of the recruitment process that I wish I knew much earlier in my degree. Having managed to navigate through some tough recruitment processes I hope to pass on my knowledge and experiences to help you put yourself in the best position when it comes to entering the super competitive employment market.

This is why I, together with Parramatta Library, will be hosting a FREE interactive workshop aimed at maximising your employability in an increasingly competitive employment market. These are not the basic “have correct spelling and grammar” tips, instead these are more advanced techniques to better equip you with your job search!

Tips and examples provided will be very specific compared to the often broader advice provided in other careers seminars about what makes a high quality applicant. For example, rather than the advice being just vaguely ‘tailor your application to the job’, there will be information on specific ways you can do this with worked examples.

Similar workshops have been held in the previous years with great feedback, so I am confident you will gain something useful in this workshop.

Time and location

Parramatta Library
1-3 Fitzwilliam Street, Parramatta
Macquarie Room

Saturday 9th of March 2019
10.00am - 3.00pm

Parramatta library is less than a 5 minute walk from Parramatta station. There will be short breaks in between the start and finish time, including a lunch break. The session will be divided as follows:

Part 1: 10.00am – 12.00pm
• How to best build your experiences in preparation for a job application
• Techniques for enhancing your resume and cover letter

Part 2: 1.00pm – 3.00pm
• How to effectively answer common application and interview questions
• The difference between an average and a good job application

Target audience
Any university or high school student looking for employment, whether it be casual, part-time or full-time. The earlier you learn this stuff the better!

Cost
Free

What to bring
Just pen and paper. Handouts will be provided. You are also welcome to provide anything (whether that be resumes, cover letters, answers to application questions) for feedback on the day.

How to register
Forward me a PM here with your name and school/university and notify me if you are bringing any others with you. Please note that you will be required to confirm your attendance 2 days prior to the workshop day.

I look forward to seeing you there! :D

Cheers,

Trebla

Last edited:

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Does this workshop also apply to me? as I will be looking for a career in Physics, rather different to the typical careers people choose

Last edited:

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Does this workshop also apply to me? as I will be looking for a career in Physics, rather different to the typical careers people choose
The tips in the workshop are applicable to any role.

Even for a career in Physics you will need to know how to best sell yourself for the application process.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Have previously attended this event and have found it helpful in drastically improving my resume.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)