• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Maximum class sizes (1 Viewer)

hasterz

HSC
Can someone please tell me how the maximum class sizes in senior school works, because i got approved for 4 unit maths and recently they told me that it was full and i cant do it. our school has max people of 24 in each class, while other schools have 25 or even more than that. So how exactly does the max class size work. And also if the "max" class size is indeed 24 for our school then shouldnt they meet the needs of students first? And also shouldnt class sizes be set to cater for the students doing it?

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
This was the same case for my school. They only took two classes of 24 for ME2 and that was it. I guess they want to keep it to an 'elite' group that will all do well, rather than 50/50. Also, a class of 24 is just right for a teacher to teach. Sometimes it gets a bit hectic in classes of 24 because ME2 is a subject thatrequires alot of attention. In terms of catering for students, what happens if there arent enough teachers available who are capable of teaching ME2?

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
I thought the maximum was 22 students. In my english extension class we ended up with a 23rd student and she had to go to some other class.

astro

HSC
yeah i think the maximum is probably 24...
What's the minimum then

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
I think minimum is probably up to the school, depending on the subject and how many teachers they have.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
astro said:
yeah i think the maximum is probably 24...
What's the minimum then
There are only two in my music extension class... and last year there was only one :)

Yeah the school decides.

hasterz

HSC
So what is the actual "Maximum" allowed? Most schools are 24 or 25 but what is the limit set by the board of studies?

For min i know it can be anything as some classes have like 2 people

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)