Maxine McKew for Bennelong (1 Viewer)

banco55

HSC
LOL let's see how much damage she can do to what's left of the ABC's reputation for impartiality.

PC

HSC
N/A
PM says: "This means that I will work harder for the people of Bennelong whom I have the priviledge to represent." ... or words to that effect.

Does this mean that he hasn't been working hard for his own electorate? He probably deserves to lose it in that case.

Never forget your roots.

PC

HSC
N/A
Oh yeah.

There was a great one on the ABC site this morning - they're not biased, it's just a valid news item at the moment - but they've updated the site and replaced it with something from a speech. It's not as good, but still better than the SMH one.

Does this mean that the SMH is pro-Howard?

I'm so naive.

HSC
PC said:
Oh yeah.

There was a great one on the ABC site this morning - they're not biased, it's just a valid news item at the moment - but they've updated the site and replaced it with something from a speech. It's not as good, but still better than the SMH one.

Does this mean that the SMH is pro-Howard?

I'm so naive.

What are you on about? A prominent person is contesting the Prime Minister's not-so-safe-anymore seat and you're saying the ABC is biased because they're reporting that?

You certainly are naive - the media in general are simply pro-sales, that's the long and short of it.

cowface

HSC
banco55 said:
LOL let's see how much damage she can do to what's left of the ABC's reputation for impartiality.
OMG!!1!!!1! The ABC Business Report is like sooooo biased. It like totally supports capitalism, man. It's so obvious they do not care about the workers who create the wealth this country shares.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
If a left wing ABC presenter thinks she's got a chance in my seat, she's dreaming, I wasn't sure I'd be voting Howard before Labor announced their candidate, now I'm sure of it.

Bennelong never has been and never will be a Labor seat.

circusmind

HSC
cowface said:
OMG!!1!!!1! The ABC Business Report is like sooooo biased. It like totally supports capitalism, man. It's so obvious they do not care about the workers who create the wealth this country shares.
You should probably save the sarcasm for those rare times when you actually understand the issue at hand.

If a left wing ABC presenter thinks she's got a chance in my seat, she's dreaming, I wasn't sure I'd be voting Howard before Labor announced their candidate, now I'm sure of it.
I hope she does roll Howard....but I agree...why did they choose a celebrity blow-in to try this?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
banco55 said:
I've never quite understood these complaints about biased reporting on the ABC. I mean, if you're editing the news you're presenting to make it 50/50 both ways, then you're clearly not reporting the facts, you're reporting a toned down version of the facts to appease Howard. If the ABC reports biased news, it's more than likely because Howard et al. are doing a bad job with whatever is being reported.

circusmind

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
I've never quite understood these complaints about biased reporting on the ABC. I mean, if you're editing the news you're presenting to make it 50/50 both ways, then you're clearly not reporting the facts, you're reporting a toned down version of the facts to appease Howard. If the ABC reports biased news, it's more than likely because Howard et al. are doing a bad job with whatever is being reported.
Come on....ABC has a clear bias to the left.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
She's no celebrity blow-in. Her Labor sympathies have been well known for years. She almost stood for Latham too.

I love this. She's bringing sexy back to politics.
What a bold thing to do. I cant get over the idealism. Howard losing Bennalong would make a Labor defeat tolerable. She's totally right too, Labor need to feild good candidates in marginal Lib seats, not roll them into a safe labor.

Maxine. Soo hot.

circusmind

HSC
Iron said:
She's no celebrity blow-in. Her Labor sympathies have been well known for years. She almost stood for Latham too.
My mistake.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
*resides in that electorate*

I feel Howard will keep that seat.

Unless I've been working too hard at this full time job that I haven't been around while she's been flaunting her stuff.

Last edited:

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
I really hope she wins. She is no blow in, she is a very clever cookie.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
*resides in that electorate*
Ewww. If I lived in one of the frontbench Liberal seats in Sydney, I couldn't help but feel so dirty. Hell, I feel dirty living in a seat that's held by a do nothing, say nothing fun-runner as it is.

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
Hmm..

A point that seems to be forgotten, is that whilst the seat is 'marginal', it is such with a consistent primary vote to JH of 49% (53% in 2001). The ALP at the past two elections achieved primary votes of 30% (2001) and 28% (2004). Unless the ALP obtain a huge swing in the primary vote, it is all but a distant dream. Poll Bludger makes an extremely valid point, in saying that Rudd's 'arrogance' is starting to show through, particularly with this decision.

As Tony Abbott said, "Bennelong residents would see Ms McKew as "Madam Blow-In", while Mr Howard was in his electorate office almost every Friday seeing constituents"

As the NSW shapes up as a sure victory for the ALP, the challenge for the Federal ALP becomes the little bit harder. If a sub-standard government, as exists in NSW, can obtain a comfortable election win, it would take something extremely big to sway the voters to not only vote against the status quo federally, but also to consign themselves to wall to wall ALP governments across Australia.

Last edited:

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Haha, I lived in Bennelong two elections ago before they changed the boundaries to make my place part of the North Sydney electorate.

Two elections ago Bennelong was classified as a "North Shore" electorate, it is now classified as "West".

Past margins must be taken with a grain of salt, the electorate now has a much larger "working class" portion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)