May be adjusting my course preferences soon enough (1 Viewer)

avi888

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys,

I was looking forward to a career in commerce/finance I have done a bit of research but I was still wondering in your opinion if i got a 96-97ish atar what course you would do if you were in a similar position to go into a similar field. Double degrees are on the table and how do you guys feel unsw stacks against the rest and in terms of recognition and graduate opportunities, assuming I do well in uni(No guarantees),

Thanks For Your Help :0

photastic

HSC
Just go for what you want and if you don't like it, there are ways to change courses next year if you don't like it. You have till 21 January to change your preferences for the Main Rounds unless you want some early offer so relax.

asi9

HSC
Anything with commerce in its name at UNSW or USYD.

emilios

HSC
order of deciding should go: course --> uni. depends on what you want to do as a career. nothing wrong with doing just b commerce by itself. no point of adding on the 4th year at uni if the extra degree won't work in your favour. what do people usually combine with comm anyway? economics?

don't get me wrong i'm not one of those uni elitists but if you're gonna get 96-97 ATAR then definitely consider unsw or usyd, just cos both are great uni's with a good campus & student life, good lecturers and are internationally recognized unis.

avi888

HSC
Uni Grad
alrighty guys thanks for your help, i think i may go unsw but now i need to choose what to do b com with cos i really dont mind that extra 1 year :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)