May Day (1 Viewer)

Comrade nathan

HSC
This is directed at the small minority who would have attended May Day, NTB and Rorix fuck off.

Well i went to the May Day march at Civic Park, Newcastle to march with my party and help support the Save the Rail. When i get there i turn into the street they are marching down and realise they are half way, and notice my party is at the end. So by the time i find a park they are out the front of the Panthers Club and we are just standing there and i was thinking we must be waiting for someone to do a speach. Then i found out that was the end. It was still good to see at least a reasonable line of worker parties and unions.

I would of liked to see the march go from the Civic park to the Forshore and do a some speaches at that park.

So how was everyone elses may day?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
There was a group of maybe 50 or so wandering around civic in Canberra today. I think the slogan was 'unions yes, howard no, vsu has got to go' or some such

Riewe

HSC
I was wondering if May Day was going ahead, because i have come to realise that May 1 is protest day, and there wasn't any paraphernalia at uni promoting this day, as there was last year. Maybe the poster money was all spent on anti-vsu that May Day got lost uner the radar.

Comrade nathan

HSC
Its a day more for unions, workers and worker parties, rather then protesting.

Its a day commemorating the 1884 day when workers in the USA demanded the 8 hour working day.

Although part of this May Day was centered at Howards Industrail Relations changes.

PookieMonster

Got bored & left 30/01/05
HSC
Asquithian said:
you know there is a girl at uni that looks so much like you pookie...i swear the first time i saw her i thought it was you ...! she is like your long lost twin.
what uni r u at? and no! i am whence the only i.

Rorix

HSC
Comrade nathan said:
So how was everyone elses may day?
I went to work in my blue collar job while you were out fighting for my rights (which currently aren't being invaded by I'm glad you're vigilant about the whole thing).

This is directed at the small minority who would have attended May Day, NTB and Rorix fuck off.
Yeah, I responded to your thread.

You mad?

Comrade nathan

HSC
(which currently aren't being invaded by I'm glad you're vigilant about the whole thing).
Seems the Unions and the workers who attended don't aggree with you.

Last edited:

Rorix

HSC
Comrade nathan said:
Seems the Unions and the workers who attended don't aggree with you.

I would suggest that I have the most informed opinion as to the current status of my rights.

Comrade nathan

HSC
Rorix said:
I would suggest that I have the most informed opinion as to the current status of my rights.
So someone in your same situation who believes different to you is right also?

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Comrade nathan said:
So by the time i find a park they are out the front of the Panthers Club
March to the pub. VB's for all. Worker's rights booYAH! By the way, if you don't like people replying (when they don't agree with you), don't post your garbage in a public forum booYAH!

Rorix

HSC
Comrade nathan said:
So someone in your same situation who believes different to you is right also?
There is no-one in my exact situation, since my situation requires me in it.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
How cute.

Comrade Nathan, the reason why the workers don't respond to you guys as much as they used to, is because the situation has changed.

Alot of workers own big houses, investment properties,etc.... alot of plumbers I know are on 1000+ a year.. seriously man I can't see a revolution any time soon. :rolleyes:

Comrade nathan

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
How cute.

Comrade Nathan, the reason why the workers don't respond to you guys as much as they used to, is because the situation has changed.

Alot of workers own big houses, investment properties,etc.... alot of plumbers I know are on 1000+ a year.. seriously man I can't see a revolution any time soon. :rolleyes:
Who is proposing revolution?

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
your ideology.

and why are you rooting for the Iraqi 'resistance'?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Man, if I were making $1000+ a year, i'd be outta here so fast...
wait,
I am.
Cherrio!

Comrade nathan

HSC
leetom said:
your ideology.

and why are you rooting for the Iraqi 'resistance'?
Im closer to a Maoist, that means that i do not believe there is any material basis for revolution in 1st world countries.

My party also recognizes there is not revolution coming soon.

Marxism-Leninism is immortal, it changes with the times.

My reason for rooting for the Iraqi resistance is obvious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)