May have fucked up my fins1613 finals (1 Viewer)

omgg

HSC
I think I did quite poor in the recent fins1613 finals, the questions from the exam were a lot different from the questions I had practiced in the textbook and you could say i was relatively underprepared. I think there is currently a real possibility that i got less than 50% for my finals =(

Question is, will I fail the course? I think I was sitting on around 45/50 before the finals (i fluked a ~90% in my midsems), i attended all my tutes and had decent participation. But the course outline states that you need to pass your finals or you'll fail regardless. So if i do get below 50%, will I fail the course and have to repeat it? Has anyone had this happen to them? and what was the result?

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
I think I did quite poor in the recent fins1613 finals, the questions from the exam were a lot different from the questions I had practiced in the textbook and you could say i was relatively underprepared. I think there is currently a real possibility that i got less than 50% for my finals =(

Question is, will I fail the course? I think I was sitting on around 45/50 before the finals (i fluked a ~90% in my midsems), i attended all my tutes and had decent participation. But the course outline states that you need to pass your finals or you'll fail regardless. So if i do get below 50%, will I fail the course and have to repeat it? Has anyone had this happen to them? and what was the result?
You might have to do a supplementary exam and you will need to pass that to pass the course. I don't think you can get PC since my friend got like ~85% in assessments, went to required classes but didn't pass the supplementary exam and got like ~54 final mark but still failed the course. This is for a different department so idk how the business school works 100%

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
There's no supplementary exam. Regardless of your internals, if you didn't get 50 in finals, you are going to have to do the course again.

omgg

HSC
Wow is FINS1613 very hard this time?
They basically only tested us on chapter 9-15. They didn't include a single question on annuities, bonds, interest rates, IRR etc. that would have been ez marks.

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
They basically only tested us on chapter 9-15. They didn't include a single question on annuities, bonds, interest rates, IRR etc. that would have been ez marks.
We had Amy and Kyung who each set up half of the final last year. The exam was decent as questions were similar to tut questions. Although I had a hard time last year but finally ended up with a HD.

Last edited:

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
We had Amy and Kyung who each set up half of the final last year. The exam was decent as questions were similar to tut questions. Although I had a hard time last year but finally ended up with a HD.
mirin

itoki2288

HSC
N/A
I thought it was always the second half of the course for the final o_O

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
As a PASS Leader, I found that FINS1613 has been watered down a lot since I did it. They took out a lot of content which used to be in the course. When I was teaching the stuff people were giving me blank stares o_O. Then I realise it's no longer in the course :p

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
wow holy shit, 50% in the final to pass, that will fail a HEAP of people definitely

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
As a PASS Leader, I found that FINS1613 has been watered down a lot since I did it. They took out a lot of content which used to be in the course. When I was teaching the stuff people were giving me blank stares o_O. Then I realise it's no longer in the course :p
U teaching FINS1613?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)