Mazda 3 - Yey or Ney? (1 Viewer)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Hey i havent been on these forums for awhile, but i decided to make this thread to get an opinion of some people about this car.

I still havent owned my own car, but thats all gonna change soon, since i am looking into buying a Mazda 3 - Maxx sport.

In my view its a beautiful car, and a few of my friends already have one or are thinking of buying it.

Does anyone who is a buff in cars tell me what they think about this car.

Ill conclude my thread by providing a few pics.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
SashatheMan said:
Hey i havent been on these forums for awhile, but i decided to make this thread to get an opinion of some people about this car.

I still havent owned my own car, but thats all gonna change soon, since i am looking into buying a Mazda 3 - Maxx sport.

In my view its a beautiful car, and a few of my friends already have one or are thinking of buying it.

Does anyone who is a buff in cars tell me what they think about this car.

Ill conclude my thread by providing a few pics.

Yes.

Its a good car, stylish, sleek, and should be quite powerful considering you're getting the sports version.

Its money well spent.

joolee

HSC
I don't know about you, but I would choose the civic sport over the mazda 3 maxx sport. civic sport only costs 2 grand more.

Edit: I mean 4 grand more =P

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Isn't the "Sports" model just a different equipment level since they all have the same 2.0L engine? It's only the SP23 and MPS which have an actual sportier performance from my understanding.

As for what I think of Mazda3... I think it's very overrated. I'm not a fan of the very dark interior and whilst it looks advanced, it feels kindof cheap compared to the Civic interior.

However, performance-wise... even the base 2.0L engine is quite decent for the class. My mate was choosing between Civic Sport and Mazda3 Maxx (or was it Sport? Can't remember)... ended up with the Civic Sport, but the Mazda3 definitely had a significant advantage over the normal 1.8L Civics in terms of power... but the interior was no match. I think Mazda would also win the award over the Civic for handling.

joolee

HSC
true, interior has no match aginst the civic. civic's got classy design + speedometer n all. civic's backlights look heaps better n plus, mazda 3's a lil old =P

but it's your choice, i think im a lil biased cos my bf got the civic, i'll stop now.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
joolee said:
true, interior has no match aginst the civic. civic's got classy design + speedometer n all. civic's backlights look heaps better n plus, mazda 3's a lil old =P

but it's your choice, i think im a lil biased cos my bf got the civic, i'll stop now.
LOL I'm a bit biased too... but I did seriously consider buying the SP23 at one stage.

lengy

HSC
The Civic is huge in comparison to the Mazda 3 and damn ugly as well. I've heard good reviews for the 3, and from the inside it's very nice even in base form. The engine is pretty good being a passenger in one. The styling will never get dated whereas the first thing I'd do to the Civic is change it's tail lights or trade it in for a Mazda 3 or Toyota Corolla.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I recently bought a Maxx Sport (the mid-life updated one), I think it's a very good car compared with others in its class. I don't think you can compare the Maxx sport to a Civic Sport anyway - it should be compared to the SP23. The civic probably has better interior and it is a newer car than the mazda (as that's been out for 3 years now), but I felt the civic was a little underpowered for my liking, and the mazda's handling was better (in my tame little test drives anyway)..

gracie007

HSC
hey ive got a white mazda 3..been driving it for 2 years now, its awesome, i cant think of any major issues with it, out of all the ppl i know that drive one it tends to be more girls tho, so yea haha

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
I kinda consider the Mazda 3 a semi-girly car. Civic's...alright but too small in my opinion.

HSV 0wns.

joolee

HSC
S1M0 said:
I kinda consider the Mazda 3 a semi-girly car. Civic's...alright but too small in my opinion.

HSV 0wns.
mazda 3's even smaller =P

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Minai said:
I recently bought a Maxx Sport (the mid-life updated one), I think it's a very good car compared with others in its class. I don't think you can compare the Maxx sport to a Civic Sport anyway - it should be compared to the SP23. The civic probably has better interior and it is a newer car than the mazda (as that's been out for 3 years now), but I felt the civic was a little underpowered for my liking, and the mazda's handling was better (in my tame little test drives anyway)..
Civic Sport is running an old 2L engine which is nothing exciting; and I think it's priced more towards the normal Mazda 2L engine rather thant he SP23 models. It's the 1.8L (103kW) which is the "new engine" with all the technology/innovation.

As for your comment about underpowered- for the 2L, yes it's underpowered compared to the 2.3L in SP23; but in the 1.8L the main problem is lack of low-down torque (ie. crap all acceleration from standstill).

lengy said:
The Civic is huge in comparison to the Mazda 3 and damn ugly as well. I've heard good reviews for the 3, and from the inside it's very nice even in base form. The engine is pretty good being a passenger in one. The styling will never get dated whereas the first thing I'd do to the Civic is change it's tail lights or trade it in for a Mazda 3 or Toyota Corolla.
Haha tail lights definitely grow on you. I remember when I first saw it I thought FUGLY... but now they look quite good to me. I've seen a few ppl tint them and that also makes it look alot better.

joolee

HSC
civic's tail lights look good dude. mazda 3 looks like a mice. i have a good imagination.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
seremify007 said:
Civic Sport is running an old 2L engine which is nothing exciting; and I think it's priced more towards the normal Mazda 2L engine rather thant he SP23 models. It's the 1.8L (103kW) which is the "new engine" with all the technology/innovation.

As for your comment about underpowered- for the 2L, yes it's underpowered compared to the 2.3L in SP23; but in the 1.8L the main problem is lack of low-down torque (ie. crap all acceleration from standstill).
Civic Sport is the same RRP as an SP23 though isn't it? Although I guess it does have a sunroof and other new gadgets that an SP23 won't have.

Mmm yes, I did do a few hard accelerations from traffic lights in both the civic and mazda (maxx sport), and I did feel the mazda got up slightly quicker. Now that I think of it, I should have gone for the Mitsu 380 SX I also looked at...since fuel is seemingly becoming cheaper. That was an awesome car and very underrated.

joolee said:
civic's tail lights look good dude. mazda 3 looks like a mice. i have a good imagination.
You mean looks like a mouse?
Each to their own :p

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Minai said:
Civic Sport is the same RRP as an SP23 though isn't it? Although I guess it does have a sunroof and other new gadgets that an SP23 won't have.
IIRC Civic Sport is around $31-32k driveaway in Manual, SP23 Auto is around $36k driveaway isn't it? (non-negotiated price)... Or maybe I'm thinking of the Bose/Leather pack? *shrugs* I guess you're right, they are pretty close (when you factor in an Automatic is probably 2k on the Civic), but I think they are still very different class... SP23 is actually performance. In Automatic from memory, the Civic Sport is around 9.9seconds.

Minai said:
Mmm yes, I did do a few hard accelerations from traffic lights in both the civic and mazda (maxx sport), and I did feel the mazda got up slightly quicker. Now that I think of it, I should have gone for the Mitsu 380 SX I also looked at...since fuel is seemingly becoming cheaper. That was an awesome car and very underrated.
380 is starting to grow on me but I'm not a fan of the interior quality... maybe I was in a first batch or something but I felt the colour LCD looked very cheap and the interior.. just didn't have a quality feel to it despite being not that cheap (and I'm aware prices have dropped substantially since then)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
gracie007 said:
hey ive got a white mazda 3..been driving it for 2 years now, its awesome, i cant think of any major issues with it, out of all the ppl i know that drive one it tends to be more girls tho, so yea haha
i was considering getting one in white aswell. Because my house doesnt have a garage we can use and i will have to park it in the sun, and white reflex light better.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Btw does can anyone verify for me who has a maxx or the maxx sport? does it come with a same spoiler as the one thats featured in the accesories?

i am talking about this spolier

in my opinion the look is not complete without that spolier.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
That spoiler is a dealer fitted accessory (meaning you have to pay more). The Maxx sport has a tiny, barely noticeable spoiler (which I don't classify as a spoiler anyway)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Minai said:
That spoiler is a dealer fitted accessory (meaning you have to pay more). The Maxx sport has a tiny, barely noticeable spoiler (which I don't classify as a spoiler anyway)
Ok so , do you think it would be possible to have the rear spoiler put in on a maxx sport, with the mini spoiler still on? or would the look of the car be ridiculous with two spoilers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)