Mazda Mx5 opinions (1 Viewer)

Rivenscyr

HSC
have you test driven one? I haven't driven an NC and I know it's a bit bigger but I really wouldn't want to be 6'1" in the NB. I am 5'11" and with the seat all the way back it is marginally not enough
no i havnt yet, but i plan to in the holidays.
i was recently in 1 at the pickles auction, i fit in alright with roof up and down.

Im just torn. Do i buy something which is exhiliarting and a joy to drive or buy another 4wd which is comfortable and useful

Ritard_

Banned
HSC
how is that obvious at all you fucken spastic

if he wanted to carry things, a van or ute or light truck would be useful. most 4wds do not have much more storage capacity than large sedans

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
u realize u can fold seats to create more boot space?

SUVs are more spacious?

id assume hes not in the construction or whatever industry, so no need for a ute or van?

fkin ritard

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
instead of a mx5, they look quite bad imo, why not

-alfa romeo spider
-z4
-350/370z roadster
-125i convertible

and what is wrong with euros?

id argue they are better than japs, minus alfa romeo on build quality

Ritard_

Banned
HSC
you said it was obvious that he wanted a 4wd to carry things you spastic cunt and i said that is not obvious at all as there are much better vehicles for carrying loads

you moron

suvs especially were not designed from the ground up to carry large loads, they are designed (proper 4wds atleast) to be able to cross rough terrain.

hence i was wondering why he was tossing up between two polar extremes, a pure sports car or a 4wd

you are so dumb

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
he said a suv is more useful in real life correct?

if he was actually in a situation where crossing rough terrain was necessary for him to go from a to b, why would he toss around between a suv a sports car?

being 6"1, hes not the tallest guy around, so its certainly not because he cant fit into saloons or whatever, im 6"1 and i drive a 3 door hatchback, and i fit in fine and it feels more spacious than a camry or an audi a4

so obviously, its something else SUVs do, compared to other saloons or whatever

so lets think of possible advantages
-can carry stuff better
-more spacious
-bigger rims?

these are able to carry things better correct? people/luggage?

e.g maybe when he gives a lift to 4 mates from cricket or whatever, their bags and equipment can be stacked up better

Ritard_

Banned
HSC
shut the fuck up you stupid coon i am right you are wrong think about what you say next time learn from your mistakes stop being a bitch and eat dick faggot

~the hood

what is wrong with you

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
m8 you are a retard the MX-5 looks better than all those cars except maybe the Z4

pman

Banned
HSC
anyone else think its a tad feminine?
the MX-5 is regarded as the car fro females having a mid-life crisis...my mother owns one and the only males I've ever seen driving one are my father and myself....the 05 softtop (which won wheels car of the year) is an awesome drive, not as stiff as some sportscars but pretty awesome...only thing is, its very easy to spin, the rear end loses traction quicker than my grandmothers old 121 (probably cos its got enough power to), the ride isn't that good and the seats aren't that comfy but it is an awesome car..if you run the rear tires slightly less pressure than recomended, its an awesome drive all around.

the hardtop is heavier and presumably stiffer, it may corner better but it won't accelerate as well, also prbably has slightly better rear traction due to increased weight on the wheels so might be harder to spin...if you get one, you will enjoy it though its really not a very practicle car (though it does have a large boot for its size)

Rivenscyr

HSC
Alrighty, i understsand i was comparing two tottally diffrent vehicle types.
lets stick to convertibles for the time being

Dad only wants to get a hardtop convertible if we were to get one and the majority on the market are all softs so that narrows down the possible options

off the top of my head, all i can think of are:
325i - rubbish
330d - a tad over the 100k mark but an awesome drive
335i - not p plate legal
z4 - havnt done any research on
mx5 - yet to test drive
volkswagon eos - not to my family's liking but allround okay car
peugeot 207 - no

if there are any more, please tell :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
instead of a mx5, they look quite bad imo, why not

-alfa romeo spider
-z4
-350/370z roadster
-125i convertible

and what is wrong with euros?

id argue they are better than japs, minus alfa romeo on build quality
U do realise the price difference between an MX5 ($40k-50k) is very different to the cars you mentioned right?

The other cars mentioned (i.e. the 325i coupe, z4, etc) are definitely not the best cars for a new aspiring driver and really attract negative attention especially if parents paid for them. BMWs are beautiful to drive but unless you've driven a lot of other stuff before you won't appreciate it.

As for the Eos- it's a bit of a poser car. Unfortunately convertibles in the $50k brackets tend to be cheap cars fundamentally with their roof chopped off. That being said, I'd pick the MX5 over the Eos as it's more of a driver's car- but with your height, it might look a bit weird...

Any particular reason why you must have a convertible? Or is it a family car which you are just borrowing? To this day I've never owned nor driven one- just doesn't suit my fancy with the risks of having an open top car.

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
U do realise the price difference between an MX5 ($40k-50k) is very different to the cars you mentioned right?

The other cars mentioned (i.e. the 325i coupe, z4, etc) are definitely not the best cars for a new aspiring driver and really attract negative attention especially if parents paid for them. BMWs are beautiful to drive but unless you've driven a lot of other stuff before you won't appreciate it.

As for the Eos- it's a bit of a poser car. Unfortunately convertibles in the $50k brackets tend to be cheap cars fundamentally with their roof chopped off. That being said, I'd pick the MX5 over the Eos as it's more of a driver's car- but with your height, it might look a bit weird...

Any particular reason why you must have a convertible? Or is it a family car which you are just borrowing? To this day I've never owned nor driven one- just doesn't suit my fancy with the risks of having an open top car.
the guy mentioned under 100k

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)