MBA (Masters in Bus Admin)... in aust? (1 Viewer)

ipod21

HSC
I know in America, all the big "business schools" , all offer MBAs.

While in Australia all we have is the b.com bachelor of commerce....

is the b.com as recognised as the MBA?

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Meh even if he was a troll, I’ll assume the OP is just ill-informed and it is a legitimate question. Plus, are we here to ridicule or help?

It is a MASTERS Program, therefore it is post grad, hence the reason u aint finding it in Undergrad Course Guides. That means, you need to have completed a degree etc before hand plus relevant work experience in the business field. Most of the major Aus. uni's offer it, an eg would be the MBA offered by UNSW through the AGSM (Australian Graduate School of Management).

Every uni has slightly different costs/structure and prestige. When you talk of MBA's the "prestige" of this degree does count. Some programs are recognised internationally whereas others are not. Many of the top business CEO's in Aus. (have a look at Macquarie Banks profile) hold their MBA's from Harvard etc or other Ivy League colleges. Acceptance into American programs is extremely competitive and expensive and often requires you to undertake standardized grad admissions tests such as the GMAT.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
umm well from my knowledge you still have to do standardised tests to get into an mba program in australia. the most recognised in australia would be the one offered by the agsm which is in unsw.

and yes it is a postgraduate program, thus has to be done after completion of an undergraduate program. and i am almost certain that mba is a postgraduate program overseas as well. i.e US

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
Cookie182 said:
Meh even if he was a troll, I’ll assume the OP is just ill-informed and it is a legitimate question. Plus, are we here to ridicule or help?

It is a MASTERS Program, therefore it is post grad, hence the reason u aint finding it in Undergrad Course Guides. That means, you need to have completed a degree etc before hand plus relevant work experience in the business field. Most of the major Aus. uni's offer it, an eg would be the MBA offered by UNSW through the AGSM (Australian Graduate School of Management).

Every uni has slightly different costs/structure and prestige. When you talk of MBA's the "prestige" of this degree does count. Some programs are recognised internationally whereas others are not. Many of the top business CEO's in Aus. (have a look at Macquarie Banks profile) hold their MBA's from Harvard etc or other Ivy League colleges. Acceptance into American programs is extremely competitive and expensive and often requires you to undertake standardized grad admissions tests such as the GMAT.
imo your answer is wasted as somebody who can't figure that out on their own isn't exactly MBA material

then again there are some truly useless MBA's out there..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)