MC Help :) (1 Viewer)

BanterQueen

HSC
Screen Shot 2015-10-15 at 1.30.15 pm.png

Shouldn't a greater portion of their wages being placed in to superannuation reduce demand pull inflation?

malcolm21

HSC
N/A
"most likely", it will 100% affect cost inflation since this is results in an increased cost for the firm, which they pass on to consumers by increasing the price of the product

BanterQueen

HSC
If superannuation increases from 9 to 12% does that mean they pay their staff more or do they take it out of their wage and put more into superannuation?

milkman007

HSC
Labour is factor of production, therefore an increase in the minimum rate of employer superannuation contributions will lead to an increase in costpush inflation. Their wage remains the same regardless of the rate increase.

This is according to my understanding. Correct me if I'm wrong.

sy37

HSC
The superannuation is payed by the employer. Initially, it was 9% of the salary of the employee. Now, it is 12% of the salary of the employee. This 3% increase gets passed on to consumers. Thus, in a situation where the cost of the factors of production increases (i.e. labour in this case), and this cost becomes passed on to consumers in the form of price rises (inflation) we have cost-push inflation.

rowcache

HSC
You are correct, superannuation is paid on top of wages/salaries and thus their wage/salary remains the same.

turnerloos

TAFE Executive Officer
HSC
The superannuation is payed by the employer. Initially, it was 9% of the salary of the employee. Now, it is 12% of the salary of the employee. This 3% increase gets passed on to consumers. Thus, in a situation where the cost of the factors of production increases (i.e. labour in this case), and this cost becomes passed on to consumers in the form of price rises (inflation) we have cost-push inflation.
Deach me economics goddess

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)