MDP - Criteria to Evaluate Success (1 Viewer)

Thurstenburg

HSC
I'm a little confused and was wondering if anyone could possibly help me out. We were given an outline for organising our MDP and one of the suggestions is that we should create a table and list functional and aesthetic criteria. In one column exaplain why these are important, perhaps rank the criteria and in the other column explain how you might evaluate this criteria.

I was just wondering if someone could give a few examples...i'm a little lost about what to write and how to set it out?

kara42

HSC
I'm a little confused and was wondering if anyone could possibly help me out. We were given an outline for organising our MDP and one of the suggestions is that we should create a table and list functional and aesthetic criteria. In one column exaplain why these are important, perhaps rank the criteria and in the other column explain how you might evaluate this criteria.

I was just wondering if someone could give a few examples...i'm a little lost about what to write and how to set it out?
Ummmmmmm I'm not entirely sure, I could tell you what I think it means though...

List the functional (how it works) and aesthetic (how it looks) criteria:

• List all of the things that the project will have to do to be successful in terms of function - e.g. if the project was a chair, one of the criteria would be that it would have to be strong enough for people to sit on. Another would be that the legs would have to be the exact size to ensure it is level. etc

• List all of the things that the project will have to do to be successful in terms of aesthetics – e.g. if the project was a new type of mobile phone, it would have to be aesthetically pleasing (look good). etc

• List all of the things that the project mustn't do in order to be successful in terms of function and aesthetics. – e.g. if the project were a magazine aimed at boys, it mustn’t include things that are aimed at girls. etc

Explain why these are important:

• Explain why the criteria that you have just talked about is important for the project to be successful – e.g. the chair needs to be strong enough for people to sit on because otherwise it will break underneath them and no one will buy it – an unsuccessful project. The appearance of the mobile phone: this is important because if it does not attract the attention of the target market, then it is an unsuccessful project. (very basic examples)

How you will evaluate this criteria:

• Explain how you will determine whether or not the project has been successful. Will you use surveys? Will you ask people to try the project and then get their feedback? Do this for each of the criteria you wrote in the first part.

Rank the criteria:

• Do exactly as it says. Rank the criteria in order of importance. – e.g. with the chair – one of the most important qualities of the chair would be that it is strong enough to hold various weights. One of the least important qualities may be the colour. (it may not necessarily be, but perhaps in relation to other things it might)

It is a very good idea to do this in a table.
Leave the ranking part out of the table though, write it underneath.

I hope I've helped at least a little bit.
I've actually helped myself a bit haha.
I guess you do learn by teaching others!

Good luck :)

Last edited:

Thurstenburg

HSC
Hey OMG Thankyou. You should definately come and be my teacher! I've learnt more from you know then I have in the past year from them!

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)