• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

MDP due?? (2 Viewers)

niteshade1312

HSC
yeah I am nearly on my 3rd, but I haven't padded mine one bit.. by the sounds of it, 4 sounds like padding.. sorry if im sounding hypocritical

niteshade1312

HSC
do they mark you hard? I think my average is about 90, but we have only had two assessments.. and why would it make any difference in the size of a portfolio if it was textiles or dt? Im definately enrolled in DT and my folder is pretty large, and IM NOT PADDING!

chamelia

HSC
niteshade1312 said:
yeah I am nearly on my 3rd, but I haven't padded mine one bit.. by the sounds of it, 4 sounds like padding.. sorry if im sounding hypocritical
40 pages a folder and no padding or at least thats the feedbakc ive got from my teahcer. It's mostly due to the fact i have a lot of sketches but everything is fairly straightfoward and concise

niteshade1312

HSC
why have you got yours in an a4 folder? They hardly fit anything.. are you a male, because even at designtech, you could tell a guy portfolio from a girls, they were a4

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
niteshade1312 said:
why have you got yours in an a4 folder? They hardly fit anything.. are you a male, because even at designtech, you could tell a guy portfolio from a girls, they were a4

lol....i think thats a bit of an overgeneralisation.....im a guy and im using a3 folders

niteshade1312

HSC
WHAT? All my class is using A3 and its not just because we are an all girl school either! It is easier to show everything. I would die without my huge A3!

dawso

HSC
fakingtheday, alot use a3, u dont print on a3 paper but it allows u 2 place things around ur page which looks better....

niteshade1312

HSC
I use A3 because i need all the space on the page to not only have a good layout, but provides an easier access in understanding the information, not to mention all the testing and evaluating and research AND all my plans!.. How many A4 folders do you have then?

dawso

HSC
ok, ive got a question bout the folio...

what is the difference between the section: selection and use of ideas and resources in the pp + m section and the identification and justification of ideas and resources in pd + r section????

considerin that in the selection one it also says identifies and justifies the selection of resources

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
my whole school has a3 folders for any majjor dt included (co ed school) we bought them and the sleeves through the school

so yeh not all males use a4, and girls a3...

Last edited:

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
dawso said:
ok, ive got a question bout the folio...

what is the difference between the section: selection and use of ideas and resources in the pp + m section and the identification and justification of ideas and resources in pd + r section????

considerin that in the selection one it also says identifies and justifies the selection of resources
i think selection is when you choose what you might use, justifacationis what you used, why you used it and what you used it for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)