Mechanical or Mechatronic (1 Viewer)

ya123oki123doke

HSC
Hi everyone. I am a soon to be a engineering student (hopefully) and would like to know whether people think mechanical or mechatronic engineering is better. Personally, i cant see much of a difference, so any advice would be welcome.

Thanks!

HSC
Hi everyone. I am a soon to be a engineering student (hopefully) and would like to know whether people think mechanical or mechatronic engineering is better. Personally, i cant see much of a difference, so any advice would be welcome.

Thanks!

Im gonna do mechatronic (hopefully as well). There is a fair difference between them. Mechatronics is basically robotics... intelligent mechanical systems. It's an integration of mechanical and electronics and I know you can branch off in to the automotive industry, biomedical (ie artificial hearts)... basically any machinery that works on computerized systems (ie. ABS brakes)...

With mechanical it has far less to do with electronics and is basically the mechanical systems that arent run on computers and think for themselves. The mechanical part though is essentially the same.

Btw, definately go to UTS. Best university for engineering. Plus they are the only uni that offer you two 6 month internships where you can work in the field anywhere in the world... i was talking to a guy who did his in America in a car factory! UTS is definately the way to go. and there the degree is called 'mechanical and mechatronic' and thats what ill be doing... if they let me in :(

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Im gonna do mechatronic (hopefully as well). There is a fair difference between them. Mechatronics is basically robotics... intelligent mechanical systems. It's an integration of mechanical and electronics and I know you can branch off in to the automotive industry, biomedical (ie artificial hearts)... basically any machinery that works on computerized systems (ie. ABS brakes)...

With mechanical it has far less to do with electronics and is basically the mechanical systems that arent run on computers and think for themselves. The mechanical part though is essentially the same.

Btw, definately go to UTS. Best university for engineering. Plus they are the only uni that offer you two 6 month internships where you can work in the field anywhere in the world... i was talking to a guy who did his in America in a car factory! UTS is definately the way to go. and there the degree is called 'mechanical and mechatronic' and thats what ill be doing... if they let me in :(
You are going to get hammered~

Uncle

Banned
HSC

HSC: 2009
Thanks for sharing your experience in a tertiary institution.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I <3 you :eek:

Oh and if you do some research, UTS has nothing on UNSW lol

But yeah, mechatronics = AI robots whereas mechanical = cars/trains/planes etc etc

HSC
No need to get bitchy lol. Its obvious that UNSW and UTS are the best. Im just reporting what ive heard from my uncle and other associates who have been through UTS. And I was purely saying UTS is the best cause its pretty much what it is renowned for... just because you go to UNSW doesnt mean that I cant give some general facts.
Besides I do reckon that the internships of 12months would carve up... just saying.

.... now you can add your insults :)

ya123oki123doke

HSC
I was planning on going to usyd. Does it really matter which uni you go to? In terms of career opportunities ive heard that it makes no difference.

HSC
I was planning on going to usyd. Does it really matter which uni you go to? In terms of career opportunities ive heard that it makes no difference.
I was talking to a careers advisor about this actually. And yes they are essentially the same qualifications. However, the advisor said that it would be more recognised if you went for a job or something that you came from one of the higher university then that of say, UNC. But they are essentially the same degrees. Plus, some universities do have better facilities and give you a launch into the field.

scora

HSC
i would have to agree with studentleader, mechatronics might be an emerging industry within the future, but not at the moment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)