Mechatronic Engineering - Sydney, UTS or NSW? (1 Viewer)

PimpPyro

Hey,

With UAC preferences due soon, I s'pose I had better make some decisions. But hopefully you can help me make them or just make them for me :). I want to do combined BE (Mechatronics) / BSc (Physics). Which uni would be best in your opinion? Thanks in advanced for your help.

PimpPyro

UAI is no problem!

No worries about the UAI. I can get enough to get into the course at any of those uni's.

sumkid

Goldmember
HSC
huh wot u mean i know engineering is in course are in low demand now

rockets

HSC
N/A
you better check further, but am sure you can't do a combined mechatronics degree at uts

MoNNiE

HSC
i have a few friends who are doing mechatronics as an engineering major,
and for those in doubt...
it is possible to undertake a combine degree of engineering(mechatronics) with science(physics) you actually gotta look at the handbook to actually see its there!
http://www.handbook.uts.edu.au/eng/ug/c10073.html

although it does not say what major you can do it with -- it actually implies you can CHOOSE any strand you want... even civil and science which a person i know is currently doing...
oor.... you could just write an e-mail to the mr. braun whois in charge of the physics strand...whether or not its possible to combine the two together.....

as for choice of uni...
ummm.. i'd go between UTS or sydney.. i haven't heard too much about the UNSW mechatronics department...but... thats a personal opinion..

if one thinks he can... and has the will power he will get the uai :) you just gotta think positive and put in the hard work!

Last edited:

rockets

HSC
N/A
hey monnie, there is no major there for mechatronics listed when you go to that click on, also if you go to eng. page and in the templetes you can't do a combined mechatronics and science PLUS my brother who is in 4th year of mechanical and mechatronics degree at uts had friends who tried to do that and were rejected for that combination eg mechatronics with med science.

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
if u are an extreme intelligent geek, i recommend UNSW,

if u are a hard worker, try UTS cause its slightly easier

forget Sydney, sydney's shit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)