Mechatronics or Electrical Engineering (1 Viewer)

pahluwalia

HSC
Mechatronic or Electrical??!?

Well i want to do one or the other just cant make up my mind!!

what extactly are the job prospects after doing a mechatronics degree?!

are there more jobs as an Electrical engineer?

ive narrowed my uni choices to these 2 just cant decide on which one as my first preference!!!

pahluwalia

HSC
Bottom line is that, i dont want to be on the dole till i invent a robot or something useful from a mechatronic degree..

witide

HSC
Mechatronic = Electronic + Mechanical + Computer

If you also like mechanics and computers, then go for the upgrade IMO. It's not like you'll be locked in to mechatronics for the rest of your life if you change your mind.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
I'd pick electrical. Electrical has a much broader spectrum and you could probably pick up mechatronics electives in your electrical engineering degree.

Electrical engineers can go for mechatronic jobs, but its harder the other way round. Best to stick to the standard disciplines like: civil, mechanical, electrical, biomed, chemical.

Aerospace/Mechatronics etc are just the above degrees with some electives thrown in.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
I'd pick electrical. Electrical has a much broader spectrum and you could probably pick up mechatronics electives in your electrical engineering degree.

Electrical engineers can go for mechatronic jobs, but its harder the other way round. Best to stick to the standard disciplines like: civil, mechanical, electrical, biomed, chemical.

Aerospace/Mechatronics etc are just the above degrees with some electives thrown in.
i thought so too

robm

HSC
ive heard that mechatronic engineers can go for jobs in the mechanical, electrical and computer engineering fields seeing how the degree covers everything, is this true?

kr73114

HSC
Electrical engineering is meant to be the hardest engineering course out of all of them.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A

I agree

cyrius

HSC
Depends what stuff you wanna do, Electrical has more programming subjects (Adv Digital Systems, Embedded C, Control and other shit) and not to mention Circuit Analysis. I'm doing Electrical but Mechatronics or Mechanical actually looks more interesting.

Also Mechanical and Mechatronics people are always smiling, I wonder why?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)