Med Academic Advising session? (1 Viewer)

rusty_rouge

HSC
i think we may have one, but we'll be advised of it - nothing is published on the uws site for medicine, it's so frustrating! I guess they'll let us know about everything at orientation...

sladehk

le random
HSC
rang the dudes, they said coz med is new course, they do stuff separate to other courses so we'll be individually notified- and also check our uws email thingos (the ones ont eh student portal i think)

sladehk

le random
HSC
found something in the campbelltown orientation word document thingo after agesss searching

B Medicine/B Surgery
26th Feb – 2nd March
10:00am – 4:00 pm on Monday;
9:00am – 4:00pm Tuesday to Thursday
Building M, Lecture Theatre,Liverpool TAFWE; corner of Moore & Bigge streets

theone123

blue essence
HSC
take it easy... future docs.. it may take some time since it is a new course after all.

bmwz4

HSC
OMG. all of you who got accepted into medicine PLZZ tell me ur exact UAI and UMAT scores!!! and also if u applied for RET thankss

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
hi.. just thought id tell u.. medicine is usually the bastard to the uni.. at lots of unis.. there is a particular elitism to it.. at ours we are the only course that dun get to sit academic supplementaries.. and the only course where if u fail 1 yr.. u repeat the whole yr... and if u repeat enough times they can invite 'u to leave'

we use a separate website ... just for medical students... for the blackboard learning sites..
i recall they are the most expensive course to run.. when newcastle was facing problems.. only their medical schools future was certain..

appeals about decisions rarely make it.. cos the medicine course is separate legally from most of the uni courses in terms of pre-amble and stuff lik that.... they can discriminate against ppl with illnesses e.g. HepC and HIV.. anyways.. just thought id warn u.. since ure the 1st yr..

u might be able to make them more lenient on certain things thru ure medsoc.

sladehk

le random
HSC
huh? i never heard about the separate blackboard learning sites? got link?

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
lolz
not for UWS.. its in general.. its realli annoying

rusty_rouge

HSC
Lol, that sounds brilliant....

We wouldn't have a medsoc yet, would we? Being a new course and all...hmmm...

btw, got my info when I got back from my holiday - miGOSH how many needles do we have to get??! :(

Optophobia

HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
they can discriminate against ppl with illnesses e.g. HepC and HIV.. anyways.. just thought id warn u.. since ure the 1st yr..
I don't think i would want a doctor with HIV or Hep...

Particularly as doctors have to pass on their knowledge. It would be hard to do that if the doctor is dead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)