Med Camp @ UNSW (1 Viewer)

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
TheMelissa said:
You must surround yourself with emotional degenerates if you think the internet can halt someone's emotional passage through life. Don't take the internet too seriously.

In any case, I think race is irrelevent in the face of sheer stupidity. To whom this concerns, get out more and argue your case for racial selectivity in a pub. :hammer:
lol..!!!

naw im way too old to care.. on a plus note.. i am surrounded and friends with a lil too many medical students.. call them "emotional degenerates" now.. call them consultants/drs/boss in 2-6 yrs time if u ever make it tat far.

i think there is alot of resentment and some ppl try to correct the disparity.. and yet?.. ATSI dominate the prison system.. we dun do much for tat..

i think that we presume alot of things happen in some 'asian' families.. but u find tat lots of them have parents tat are doctors too.. and its the same with caucasians or as some ppl interchangeably say Australians (i do take offense to tat)..

all i know is tat my doctor shouldnt be a dumbass.. but hey some ppl dun mind their medic being stupid as long as they are <insert skin colour of choice>. i just feel that ppl want a scapegoat..for their lack of drive..

but hey tats my 2.4cents on the thing.. the internet i think is just a place that many find an outlet for these frustrations..

Last edited:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Bacilli said:
Interesting thread.
Most of us are racists, not all, but most of us are racists. Curry and Asians dominate the MBBS because their parents are fucking slugs who push to ensure their sons and daughters have two houses, three cars and 30 wives.
Australia isn't Pakistan, or Asia. Here is where we share, and allow individuals to be free. Not force them into studying for 9 years to only flood our health care system making it sicker than it already is - forced students are likely to dislike what they study, and as a result they will be incompetent graduates. :uhhuh:
Now that's racist!!!

Season

HSC
As far as I'm concerned if you don't have an accent then you're australian, if you do and you look asian then you're asian. Oh and if you speak canto/korean or whatever while you're with non-speaking friends then you too are asian.

Its not really an Asian thing though... its more of immigrant first gen. australian, it used to be the jews who dominated the med/law now they've 2nd generation is here they've chilled out quite a bit.

Its not just Asians who have excited families though, when I got my offers my parents were so excited we all went out to dinner. Do you think that would have happened if I had gotten into arts? Its not an Asian thing, its a med thing.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Season said:
Do you think that would have happened if I had gotten into arts? Its not an Asian thing, its a med thing.
It maybe the cause with your parents. My parents took me out when i got into arts!!! U upsetted me *tear*

Edit: seriously, now im stuck at usyd atm on tues and thursdays :(

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Season said:
when I got my offers my parents were so excited we all went out to dinner.
Dammit.. :pain: my parents werent tat excited... i did get an ice cream... ripped :(..
i agree its an immigrants thing... lots of the older doctors are eastern europeans..

Season

HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
Dammit.. :pain: my parents werent tat excited... i did get an ice cream... ripped :(..
i agree its an immigrants thing... lots of the older doctors are eastern europeans..
icecream??!! I get that when I scrape my knees, not when i achieve something that has an admissions system that = pain

i think you should totally go back to your parents and demand to celebrate your awesomeness.

Was it expected though? my parents were like

"yeah you probably won't get in"
"your umat probably won't get you an interview"
"your uai probably isn't high enough"
"even though you have multiple interview offers you probably won't get in"
"you'll probably only get bonded"

"holy shit she got in"

:p

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
i was a dental student .... then str8 to CSP none of this bonded stuff lol!

congrats on the offer tho!

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
seasons said:
my parents were like

"yeah you probably won't get in"
"your umat probably won't get you an interview"
"your uai probably isn't high enough"
"even though you have multiple interview offers you probably won't get in"
"you'll probably only get bonded"

"holy shit she got in"
Hahaha yeahhh
My parents are like, err... what's the difference between medsci and medicine???? cost more?? yahhhh i don't think they have any idea whats going on eh...

GeorgesBorges

HSC
What the... I check back on my harmless little thread about MedCamp and look what it's turned into!

Shame on all of you! *scolds*

nah jokes =P

lil-gal-24

HSC
LMAO! hehehe this thread has been so entertaining you guys have gone completely off topic by the second page but its all gud. Nice to know what you guys are thinking about out there. SO much opinion so little time to drown urself in it all *sigh*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)