med entry from uni?? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
just wondering if when you are using one yrs uni to gain entry in to med how are units that you have recieved advanced standing for counted?

I mean are the units i get credit for counted towards the equ 1yr full time load?

or will i have to take on other units in replacement of them?

hope that makes sence?? lol

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
tamzof@mac.com said:
just wondering if when you are using one yrs uni to gain entry in to med how are units that you have recieved advanced standing for counted?

I mean are the units i get credit for counted towards the equ 1yr full time load?

or will i have to take on other units in replacement of them?

hope that makes sence?? lol
No advanced standing apply's for med unless you are transferring between med courses at an AMA accredited uni under special circumstances/misadventure or your in the Med Sci(Hons)/MBBS stream at UNSW.

You can't get credit for any previous study in medicine(MBBS/BMED) regardless of background, coz you must satisfy all requirements of the course to be accredited.

You gain entry as a non-standard at most universities with a combination of your UAI and Tertiary marks or solely on tertiary marks(min5.5+) + UMAT(except for JCU).

No your post does not make sense.

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
Wooz said:
No your post does not make sense.
no i diddnt think so i was trying to get around writing a huge post so here it goes.

im doing 1st yr BA nursing i will get mabey 3 units advance standing therefore only having to complete 5 1st yr units

When applying for med at Newcastle will i have to do 3 2nd yr units to make up the total 8 1st year units to be able to apply for med (as newy wants 1yr at credit average) or will i just be able to the 5 units and even thought 3 of the first year units are from credit will that still be accepted for 1 yr of tertiary studies

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
tamzof@mac.com said:
no i diddnt think so i was trying to get around writing a huge post so here it goes.

im doing 1st yr BA nursing i will get mabey 3 units advance standing therefore only having to complete 5 1st yr units

When applying for med at Newcastle will i have to do 3 2nd yr units to make up the total 8 1st year units to be able to apply for med (as newy wants 1yr at credit average) or will i just be able to the 5 units and even thought 3 of the first year units are from credit will that still be accepted for 1 yr of tertiary studies
It looks like you will be fine as long as those units are credited towards your combined degree giving you a normal completed load of subjects by the end of the year/by the time you apply. No, since your units have been credited towards the first year i don't see why you will have to make up for them by doing three 2nd year units. Please check with student services at UNCLE to confirm your case.

Just make sure that your advanced standing units have been credited towards your academic 1st year transcript by the time you apply to uac.

Your question would have been better suited to be posted in the transfers forum.

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
thanks for the advice wooz!

next time ill refer questions like this to transfers !! thanks again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)