Med Interview Invitations 2015/16 (1 Viewer)

LittleBirdCage

HSC
Yeah i got offers
Hello
I wonder if you finish HSC in 2013, which place you got interview? UAdel is for year 12 only right? Or can get in if some tertiary study?
Maybe someone else read this question telling me how get in UAdel if some tertiary studying already?

Thank
LBC

Oer

Started from the fundus
HSC
What was your umat score?
Hello
I wonder if you finish HSC in 2013, which place you got interview? UAdel is for year 12 only right? Or can get in if some tertiary study?
Maybe someone else read this question telling me how get in UAdel if some tertiary studying already?

Thank
LBC
YOU'RE CONFUSING THE INNOCENT CHILDREN ON

(dw guys, obliviousninja is a beloved BOS troll who hasn't got any offers)

Congrats to everyone who's got offers so far though!

samwr

HSC
Can confirm, a Queenslander here. Got an UADEL interview offer with 92%tile UMAT via email at around 3 PM. :)
Hey man how did u get the med one I got same 92%tile with 63/65/55 and I got an email saying I didn't make it for med and only for dent.. (And I'm a NSW student- is that the difference?)

loveallaround

HSC
Can confirm, a Queenslander here. Got an UADEL interview offer with 92%tile UMAT via email at around 3 PM. :)
What was your section scores may I ask? I got 94 percentile in UMAT and I got rejected for first round med offers :(

jsnownzer

HSC
JCU interview offers are ~ mid November from memory.

And interstate students have actual interviews around ~10th December.
Just FYI, I emailed JCU yesterday and they confirmed email interviews will go out mid-November giving at least 2 weeks notice before appointed interview date. They also stated that interstates were eligible for the December interviews.

alun0722

HSC
N/A
Hey man how did u get the med one I got same 92%tile with 63/65/55 and I got an email saying I didn't make it for med and only for dent.. (And I'm a NSW student- is that the difference?)
I don't think being interstate makes a difference, cuz I'm interstate as well. I'm guessing they weighed the third section heavier than the other 2? FYI, i got 62/56/66, and won't be attending the med interview due to my ineligibility as a non-standard LOL. Hopefully that leaves you an extra chance for 2nd round :p

eaions

HSC
Did anyone get UoN interview offers in the mail today?

(I want to know if I should be worried haha)

ALL_CAPS

HSC
I emailed and asked. You should receive it this week. They sent it out on Friday and admitted on the phone that they were late.

aransandrasegar

HSC
As someone studying with an unbounded place at JCU medicine, I believe that you can definitely prepare for the JCU interview. In fact, I believe you are disadvantaging yourself if you don’t. The interview is worth about as much as your ATAR in getting into JCU and yet many will do minimal preparation apart from answering a few questions. As a tutor, I seek to provide skills, techniques and a systematic program for acing the interview. I am holding three hour classes at the State Library that you can book by e-mailing me and in which you can expect:
1. Introduction to JCU medical course – all you need to know
2. Section 1 - why you want to do medicine, why medicine at JCU, some leadership characteristics you have, how you cope with stress, what you know about the JCU course and rural medicine and maybe a few other generic things.
a. Practice question discussion
b. Techniques
c. Sample answers
3. Section 2 - many cases that I have
a. Practice question discussion
b. Techniques
c. Sample answers
4. Section 3 - will provide points for research
a. Common issue discussion
b. Techniques
5. Mock interviews and feedback

Email me for more information, proof of results, more about me or to arrange classes available from November 20th.
Mobile : 0450020443
Email : unidentifiable2000-tutor@yahoo.com

samwr

HSC
Did anyone get a confirmation email from WSU after booking their interview time? I didn't get one but I heard some did..

trumanblack

HSC
N/A
When you book your WSU interview they direct you to a page detailing your info e.g. time and date. At the bottom it says that the page is your confirmation.

I didn't get an email for WSU but perhaps your friend was mistaken with UNSW (which did send one)?

samwr

HSC
So I've been waiting for second round interview offers from UNSW med and... My atar came out as 98.85 and my umat is 92. Does anyone know my chances?

Oer

Started from the fundus
HSC
So I've been waiting for second round interview offers from UNSW med and... My atar came out as 98.85 and my umat is 92. Does anyone know my chances?
Hey there samwr!

First of all congrats on the amazing ATAR, I hope you're going out and celebrating today/soon. :D

Your marks are awesome, but perhaps borderline even for a first round interview given how competitive med is getting nowadays.

So with second round interviews, it's... hard to say.

If you know what your school's estimate was, and your actual ATAR is higher, there is always a chance.
In any case, a second round interview offer is not something that anyone should stake too much of their hopes on. Just by nature of uncertainty, a second round interview is something that is nice to have, but not ideal to aim for.
I see that you got a WSU interview, which is super awesome, and I hope that that went well for you - how did you find it?

Congrats again and good luck for all in the future! Go celebrate! You have now finally ended your parley with the tyrannical Board of Studies :")

samwr

HSC
Hey there samwr!

First of all congrats on the amazing ATAR, I hope you're going out and celebrating today/soon. :D

Your marks are awesome, but perhaps borderline even for a first round interview given how competitive med is getting nowadays.

So with second round interviews, it's... hard to say.

If you know what your school's estimate was, and your actual ATAR is higher, there is always a chance.
In any case, a second round interview offer is not something that anyone should stake too much of their hopes on. Just by nature of uncertainty, a second round interview is something that is nice to have, but not ideal to aim for.
I see that you got a WSU interview, which is super awesome, and I hope that that went well for you - how did you find it?

Congrats again and good luck for all in the future! Go celebrate! You have now finally ended your parley with the tyrannical Board of Studies :")
Thanks so much Oer! Hahaha I'll never trust atar calculators again.. I'm not too sure how my interview for WSU went, I probably didn't do so well in a couple of stations. Anyway thanks for answering i guess even if I'm lucky enough to get a second round I'll have to srsly ace the interview which I'm not too confident about..

Oer

Started from the fundus
HSC
Thanks so much Oer! Hahaha I'll never trust atar calculators again.. I'm not too sure how my interview for WSU went, I probably didn't do so well in a couple of stations. Anyway thanks for answering i guess even if I'm lucky enough to get a second round I'll have to srsly ace the interview which I'm not too confident about..
It's just the nature of MMIs to have one or two bad stations I reckon. I hope things work out for you.

Anyway, just order your UAC preferences based on what you've got, and make sure you've got a decent backup plan.

And otherwise just chill and keep enjoying the break! You might not get another one quite like it, so try to relax and enjoy it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)