Med Sci - Medicine (1 Viewer)

darkwaters

HSC
hello people,

well i wanna do medicine, but chances of undergrad are zero as ive got a gpa of <4 for my first year of accounting, mos of which are AF grades, as ive had alot of surgery and missed to many classes, i was wondering if i transfer to med science and get a gpa of 5, 5.5 or even 6 (as ur last degree - or last 3 years of tertiary record is recored), would i have a good chance of grad entry for medicine (preferablly usyd,uws, UNCLE), also if i cant get into med, whats my other options? can i try for opt,den,chirp,physio, i really want to do something in those fields but top priority is doing medicine.

heres my plan. if my plans of transferring to the fields discussed above dont work out, i dnt think i can settle for lab work, maybe pathology dont know, so i was wondering it is a good idea to do forensics at uws, which i think would be great to fall back on, as its very interesting for me, the crime area.

plz reply if u have the knowledge, i really want my questions answered. thank you

aussiechica7

HSC
start another degree.

make it one you're interested in and have some chance at doing well in. if it includes some basic 1st yr sciencey stuff, that's great. forensics at uws sounds like a good idea.

then every single year apply to undergrad med. once u finish ur degree keep applying to undergrad med schools + grad med schools.

(u can apply 2 undergrad school even if u have a partially or fully completed degree- ur referred 2 as a "nonstandard").

once u get in, yay. if not, at least u'll enjoy the career from the degree u have. don't do med sci/biomed if u don't want a career in it if med doesn't work out.

www.medstudentsonline.com has lots of info on this.

darkwaters

HSC
aussiechica7 said:
start another degree.

make it one you're interested in and have some chance at doing well in. if it includes some basic 1st yr sciencey stuff, that's great. forensics at uws sounds like a good idea.

then every single year apply to undergrad med. once u finish ur degree keep applying to undergrad med schools + grad med schools.

(u can apply 2 undergrad school even if u have a partially or fully completed degree- ur referred 2 as a "nonstandard").

once u get in, yay. if not, at least u'll enjoy the career from the degree u have. don't do med sci/biomed if u don't want a career in it if med doesn't work out.

www.medstudentsonline.com has lots of info on this.
but ive got a gpa of <4 in first year of my tertiary record, there going to count that on top of med sci, for 1st and 2nd year, but not 3rd, so i got no chance of undergrad...u understand me

aussiechica7

HSC
I don't think so. I think once you start a new degree they only take the GPA from that. Call the universities anonymously if you want to doublecheck.

darkwaters

HSC
aussiechica7 said:
I don't think so. I think once you start a new degree they only take the GPA from that. Call the universities anonymously if you want to doublecheck.
hey aussiechica7, i sent uws an email, and they sent me this email back:

"Thank you for your enquiry to the University of Western Sydney.

Admissions will take into account the most current GPA.

Best of luck with your future studies!"

so does that mean what you said is right?

also if i dnt get into med, what are chances of getting into lets say dentistry, optometery or physio/chiro

loser101

HSC
hey dude, if you got a GPA <4 in Accg, then i doubt u can get a gap 6+ in MedSci.

your still young, you need to get rid off your fails from your record, as no large company will emply you with that many F's.

best way is to transfer to another Uni.

so the results from your first year is not shown.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
darkwaters said:
hey aussiesticker, i sent uws an email, and they sent me this email back:

"Thank you for your enquiry to the University of Western Sydney.

Admissions will take into account the most current GPA.

Best of luck with your future studies!"

so does that mean what you said is right?

also if i dnt get into med, what are chances of getting into lets say dentistry, optometery or physio/chiro
Yes, the UWS selection committee will consider your application based on your most current studies (approved), and your results in the UMAT. The courses you list are all very competitive courses to gain admission, since the majority include interviews, tests, additional portfolio items etc... fucking come on guys, read the course information guides on UAC ffs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)