Med Science vs science (1 Viewer)

Chronicole

HSC
The title says it all. I hope to study one of the two at usyd. I already got an offer for science at unsw but thinking about it more carefully I feel that usyd would be more beneficial since all the health-related degrees are at usyd and I hope to transfer into one of those after completion of the degree. I do have an interest in sciences relating to the human body, etc but looking at the course structures, I feel that science is able to provide more flexibility. If I ever consider going grad entry into a degree which requires GAMSAT which one would be more beneficial? And I plan to combine either one with biomed eng.

Thanks.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Both Med Sc and BSc are beneficial for GAMSAT preparation because you can essentially do the same subjects (literally in the same lecture, tutorial and lab together).

I'm not entirely clear what you are proposing. Are you hoping to transfer to USyd MedSc or USyd BSc from UNSW BSc? If so, do you really need to transfer if that's the case? They are essentially the same - trust me - I've been there!

If you are proposing to transfer to a USyd Health Science degree from UNSW BSc, then I would suggest go for USyd BSc because internal transfer is always easier than external trasnfer.

fatboi

HSC
N/A
Both Med Sc and BSc are beneficial for GAMSAT preparation because you can essentially do the same subjects (literally in the same lecture, tutorial and lab together).

I'm not entirely clear what you are proposing. Are you hoping to transfer to USyd MedSc or USyd BSc from UNSW BSc? If so, do you really need to transfer if that's the case? They are essentially the same - trust me - I've been there!

If you are proposing to transfer to a USyd Health Science degree from UNSW BSc, then I would suggest go for USyd BSc because internal transfer is always easier than external trasnfer.
he is saying that since USyD has postgrad med/dent/physio, it would somehow make sense to do his undergrad there too

I disagree. It doesn't matter.

As for medsci vs science

honestly

do whatever degree you want to do and will do best in, and take science units for your free choice electives.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)