med science (1 Viewer)

doodydo

HSC
N/A
is it just me, or is there an unnatural amount of people on BoS who are into med science at sydney this yr.!?!

by into, i mean applying for it. don't worry- i'm always vague.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
there were heaps of people at the usyd info day at the med sci lecture. but the retard of a lecturer is expecting the cut off to drop to like 92 this year. hmmmmmmmmmm

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
lukebennett said:
there were heaps of people at the usyd info day at the med sci lecture. but the retard of a lecturer is expecting the cut off to drop to like 92 this year. hmmmmmmmmmm

lol.......i was there....hes a moron........its more likely to go up actually........anways med sci had the most ppl of any seminars i went to

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
yeah i know. i tihnk it will be about the same. apparently there are more places...... or that may be for adv sci. im definately having adv sci as my first pref. its way more flexible

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
lukebennett said:
yeah i know. i tihnk it will be about the same. apparently there are more places...... or that may be for adv sci. im definately having adv sci as my first pref. its way more flexible

yeh he mentioned that med was quite set and u were forced to do certain subjects....but ill stick to med sci......

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i really want to do medicinal chmeistry major and only adv sci has it. plus if i change my mind and dont want med (i doubt though) i can take a different path. every science faculty dude suggested it to me over med sci so...........

Last edited:

fluff

HSC
:( i somehow managed to get myself into med science at sydney uni... (wasn't my first preference), so i'm kinda... hesitant to accept the offer.
I've tried to look it up, but nothing i've found clearly states what we have to study in first year. Could somebody please help me out with this?
particularly the physics part =\
do we have to do phys? is it even in the course?

thankies :)

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
joujou_84 said:
lol.......i was there....hes a moron........its more likely to go up actually........anways med sci had the most ppl of any seminars i went to
OMG........i so take back my stupid comment...........the UAIs did go down.......

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
fluff said:
:( i somehow managed to get myself into med science at sydney uni... (wasn't my first preference), so i'm kinda... hesitant to accept the offer.
I've tried to look it up, but nothing i've found clearly states what we have to study in first year. Could somebody please help me out with this?
particularly the physics part =\
do we have to do phys? is it even in the course?

thankies :)
you have to 2 maths units (6 credit points), chemistry (6 credit points), physics (6 credit points) and biology (6 credit ponts)

biology can be replaced by psychology or computer science i think.

if you dont like med sci just do first yr and transfer at the end of the yr if you can

fluff

HSC
yeah, i was thinking about transfer... so does this mean that I should've done both physics and biology hsc level?

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
accept the offer none the less... if u got offered something else in the late round, u can always accept that offer and withdraw this one...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)