Med without Bio? (1 Viewer)

Bluffmaster

HSC
This is Victoria related.
How much do you really need 3/4 Biology to cope with med? I'm pretty confident of getting into medicine but my subjects are Pysch, Maths Meth, Spesh, Eng, Chem and Physics. As chem is the only pre-req [ Eng obviously ] I reckon Bio isn't that important or surely Monash would have made it a pre-req? Looking over the course Bio Unit 4 won't help at all...evolution and heredity...very small parts of med...but unit 3 seems very in-depth......what shud i do!?

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Well i'm assuming med there is similar to med in NSW, so bio will help you, but you can always work extra hard and learn stuff as it comes along.

Nice name btw

ultraman8

Banned
HSC
N/A
I don't think you really need bio many people I know do med in NSW and they didn't do HSC bio and still managed it fine.

Bluffmaster

HSC
Monash has a compulsory bridging course for people who don't do biology 3/4. So you don't have to do it in school if you want, but you will have to do it once you get into Monash, before uni starts. Or you can just do it in school and not worry about the bridging course. But I assume the bridging course Biology will be a lot less in terms of material compared to Bio 3/4.
oh really? I never knew...do you have any site or sheet where there are details on this? cost? where is it done? it sounds gr8 coz they'll only include the necessary things and i really dont want to spend my VCE learning about random info like how evolution came from apes and shit...lol...i love pysch over bio..brain and nervous system is way more fascinating...neurosurgeon all th way! : )

Last edited:

Flying_Penis

Banned
HSC
oh really? I never knew...do you have any site or sheet where there are details on this? cost? where is it done? it sounds gr8 coz they'll only include the necessary things and i really dont want to spend my VCE learning about random info like how evolution came from apes and shit...lol...i love pysch over bio..brain and nervous system is way more fascinating...neurosurgeon all th way! : )
Not funny

whoisthis

HSC
N/A
yeah m8 and im gonna be an ophthalmologist

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
it costs 0 dollars and 0 cents and u start it about 3 weeks before the semester begins. they basically have an online thing where u read a whole bunch of material, quizes, tutorials, animations on cells, genetics, immunology, biochem etc and then u get put into a group where u have to create a wiki. its not really compulsory. i know a lot of people didnt bother cuz they were enjoying their holidays. they teach u the stuff again when u start the course. it just helps u understand the concepts and not have to study as much for the first half of semester 1.

Existential

HSC
N/A
you were like .neurosurgery all the way.. that wasen't funny. and you did a smiley face more like :mad:
im surprised your not doing penis jokes like your renown for. you have lowered yourself to petty criticism.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
Bio is useful but certainly not compulsory.

bio_nut

HSC
"evolution came from apes and shit"?

Jesus, you don't even have basic general knowledge of bio. You sound like a right twat, hope I never get you as my doctor.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
rofl. Thank god that guy doesn't need to know that for med.

hahhaa classic quote about the "ape and shit"..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)