Medentry . HELP ..~ Is it worth it? (1 Viewer)

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
I'm going to buy a disk containing like 400 or 1000 pages or st of a book used for MedEntry from a student currently doing it. Not sure if it's worth it but $50 is hell expensive.

Preity

HSC
Marinababy said:
I did medentry with 2 friends and we all blew it. This year we are doing icarus and after reading the SOMEL files I pity anyone who isn't doing icarus.
we got ripped paying for medentry copied questions last year thinking they were original??? Read the SOMEL files and you will know what I mean.

good luck to you all anyway and med students have told me not to be scared of dallas as he is all hot air and tries to make everyone do a shitload of homework to get them a great umat score.

M

Hey Marinababy,

what exactly are these SOMEL files you keep mentioning? thanks

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
she probably asked for it, she rarely posts anymore so i kind of doubt she did something that pissed off the moderators so epicly they'd need to ban her.

what do you mean you fucked up? you mean you did shit in some of your assessments? cause yeah, who really cares about that, you'll make up for it...

Marinababy

HSC
N/A
Hi Preity - SOMEL files is a document showing the history of how medentry ripped off questions from all over the internet from various books - it gives the medentry exam question as well as the source - 3 monash med students have circulated it to make students doing prep courses from medentry are nbeing ripped off - the proof is clear - unforunately i didnt see this last year - sad -sad -sad - also it is obvious that medentry says any lies abiout their courses and sponsors - one sponsor on their site is their mother dr boyapati - what a joke - holistic health house - i cant send you a copy of the SOMEL files as i might be in trouble legally

M

Preity said:
Hey Marinababy,

what exactly are these SOMEL files you keep mentioning? thanks

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Dentistry? I don't like staring all the time into others' black holes to observe any 'progress' of their descending and troublesome naughty teeth. Plus Dentistry always involves in hurting people. I swear going to Dentist's is one of my usual nightmares.

*cough* How much does it cost for a MedEntry course?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Undermyskin said:
Dentistry? I don't like staring all the time into others' black holes to observe any 'progress' of their descending and troublesome naughty teeth. Plus Dentistry always involves in hurting people. I swear going to Dentist's is one of my usual nightmares.

*cough* How much does it cost for a MedEntry course?
http://www.medentry.edu.au/products.asp?t=u

It's pretty pricey :(

Preity

HSC
Marinababy said:
Hi Preity - SOMEL files is a document showing the history of how medentry ripped off questions from all over the internet from various books - it gives the medentry exam question as well as the source - 3 monash med students have circulated it to make students doing prep courses from medentry are nbeing ripped off - the proof is clear - unforunately i didnt see this last year - sad -sad -sad - also it is obvious that medentry says any lies abiout their courses and sponsors - one sponsor on their site is their mother dr boyapati - what a joke - holistic health house - i cant send you a copy of the SOMEL files as i might be in trouble legally

M

Too bad lol, i'm already enrolled in medentry - and it's pretty awesome to tell you the truth. More people have told me that medentry is more worthwhile than icarus' course so yeah, I guess the SOMEL files don't really matter. But thanks anyway

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Thanks, I'd better train myself and wish for my best. lolz

Preity

HSC
Undermyskin said:
Thanks, I'd better train myself and wish for my best. lolz
Hey have you heard of the mensa books? They're like puzzle books and they would be really helpful for you in section 3 of the umat, which involves visuo-spatial, non-verbal, and diagrammatical reasoning. You should be able to buy them or check out your library. Hope that helps :)

Marinababy

HSC
N/A
Hi Lucid - I read that Medentry have lost all 7 motions in court over the last few years - have you read this page? - it sort of tells me that someone is telling whoppers - what do you reckon? - outside info and verifiable
http://www.medical-entrance.edu.au/studentalert.jsp

M

Lucid Scintilla said:
Hm, yeh. $70, only if it applies to you.

Oh, about MedEntry, it claims to be one of the better prep courses. I suppose it is certainly better than Icarus, who have stolen material from MedEntry and been legally served for it.
The price is fairly costly, so try to make use of the group discount option (plus, you'll have some people you know there to talk to; there's group activities, I think).
Why? How is this enforced?
Cal, is that you?
Yeh, I guess I'm back; I dunno why. I've been told that nothing's gone on here; BoS is shit and is a cesspool; it's been flooded and spammed by 'speds'; ...
Is this all true?

Not much has been happening, euh. Ya know, the generic 'Oh nothing; the usual'-type response. What's been happing with you?

setmatchrun

Banned
HSC
Oh, I thought they had a bachelors of oral health or something that was undergrad.

bubbly89

HSC
setmatchrun said:
Oh, I thought they had a bachelors of oral health or something that was undergrad.
Unfortunately you can only do dentistry as a post grad course in NSW, if you want to do dent undergrad you're looking at Griffith, Adelaide, or UQ off the top of my head...

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Um, I just got the disk containing the contents of two books Dallas and MedEntry. I bought it for $50 but when surfing through its content, yeah...it's worth it. By the way, there's a recent change in Section 3 saying that when you meet a question requiring you to find the next picture to fit in the series of seemingly random lines overlapping each other, you don't have to do it, just skip it and you won't lose mark. If you want to try, good on you but of course that won't scale your mark up anyhow.

Marinababy

HSC
N/A
Any course where you dont get into med can hardly be called a good course - according to 3 of us who blew a heap last year at this course - and now we find out that their questions are simply ripped off the internet and govt sites - you neednt be the shame of them - reverse it - we made the same mistake but not this year - go for a refund - dont accept being conned by bullcrapers out to rip you off

http://www.medical-entrance.edu.au/public_docs/MedEntry2006_2.pdf

M

drynxz said:
Ill be the hallf of shame in medentry.
I went to medentry. 500 bucks as a group. I finished all the drills and practice exams. It HELPS! But on the day i stuffed up and got 133/300 raw. Which puts me in the bottom 23% of the state.

L
ots of my friends who didnt do medentry got higher than me. But i think i might have done screwed up even without medentry anyways. Dont take it thinking you will get garuanteed good marks, because that requires lots of work.

I got a predicted uai of 98+ but my Umat mark doesnt qualify me of any medical course whatsoever. But i would recommend it for those willing to boost their marks, but for me however i wouldn't want to go back.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
You mean we'd better study on our own and stuff? Um, $500 each student or as a whole group?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
bubbly89 said:
Unfortunately you can only do dentistry as a post grad course in NSW, if you want to do dent undergrad you're looking at Griffith, Adelaide, or UQ off the top of my head...
Your info isn't entirely correct.

CSU is the only undergrad dent course in NSW starting next year but the intake is almost solely for rural and regional students.

If you want to do undergrad med your options are Griffith, UofAdel, JCU(possibly 09, prob 2010), Umelb, Latrobe(New 08 course) and UWA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)