Medentry Vs Icarus College! Sorry For Repeat (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjaayyteeee

HSC
Hi All,
I am trying to decide whether to use MedEntry or Icarus College (medical-entrance) for my UMAT Prep. courses in 2008...

Does anyone have first hand experience and could please detail which is better or which has the better questions/prac. exams/section 1,2,3 training modules etc.

Thankyou very much for your help - sorry if this is a repeated thread, but i couldnt find a clear answer as to which is better - MedEntry or Icarus...

Jaytee

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Medentry, Icarus is a bit dodgy and their material wasn't as good as Medentry's. Dallas the owner of Icarus is getting sued by Medentry for copyright infringement, coz he was using and giving out Medentry material.

Last edited:

xxJTxx

HSC
Medentry is better. Who knows how much bias there is in that whole law suit thing...but if it made it to the courts, there has to be some grounds for feasible evidence.

Icarus sounds dodgy. I was enquiring with them once and the guy called me back at like 11pm..>.> he just sounded off.

IMTB

HSC
medentry is popular, but I know alot of ppls who went to places like f2f who got interviews...a frd who went to Icarus also got interview but that could be because she is smart and got a good EQ naturally...lol I don't know many ppls from medentry that got interview...but then that could just be because alot of ppls go there and I am hearing it from the wrong ppls ><
I went to medentry myself and to do well u srsly have to be self motivated and practise and fix what u r doing wrong by urself via the online learnign system...from what I heard f2f have a few tutorial where they explain to u in person...not sure about icarus

NichNich

HSC
I attended Dallas Gibson's course ages ago, as well as a personal session.

No, I'm not being biased, and not here to rant. But through my personal experiences with him, my conclusion is that he is a total b*tch.

Choose anywhere but him.

arsalchemia

HSC
Icarus is NOT RECCOMENDED. My guidance counsellor at brisbane girls grammar warned all the girls about that one.

Preity

HSC
Hi Jaytee,

I was in the same position as you a couple of weeks earlier too but i asked a friend who had sat for the umat last year and she recommended MedEntry. At the mo, I'm a member of medentry and i'm finding it really useful. They have an extensive amount of drills questions, practise exams and generally lots of tips and quizzes for all sections. There are also social forums on the site and some medentry users have said that some of the questions they practised with medentry actually appeared in the real Umat.

Well I hope that helps :)

Cheers

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
ive been to dallas's icarus college thing too - his notes really didnt help with my UMAT exam all that much tbh.

i guess his lectures arent too bad , if you dont mind him having a go at you every few minutes.

Marinababy

HSC
N/A

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Marinababy said:
Did missed entry last year with 2 friends - we are all in icarus champions this year - i didnt read properly last year - enough said - nice doesnt mean anything to me - iwant to get in this time - dallas can do what he wants as long as i get in - i heard he is into homework as in heaps and heaps

http://www.medical-entrance.edu.au/cms/endorsement/viewEndorsement.do?catId=21

M
Theres no guarentee that you will get into med or get decent umat scores by doing prep courses. With your attitude i doubt that you will do well esp in section 2, as your blamming a prep course for your misfortune.

Marinababy

HSC
N/A
Missed entry aint better - did it last year - dodgy is a good word - read this and you will beging to know the truth - it hurt me - but this year im going with SUPPORT - at 11pm or 2am is the go
http://www.medical-entrance.edu.au/studentalert.jsp

M

xxJTxx said:
Medentry is better. Who knows how much bias there is in that whole law suit thing...but if it made it to the courts, there has to be some grounds for feasible evidence.

Icarus sounds dodgy. I was enquiring with them once and the guy called me back at like 11pm..>.> he just sounded off.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Is that you, Jono?
From MSO?
You remind me of Jono from MSO since both your arguments carry little value.
Boring... next

Marinababy

HSC
N/A
Hi Wooz - once the facts surface in court you can hide away shame faced - at least according to the SOMEL files I have read - Monash meddies know the TRUTH -ICARUS has won all 7 motions in court since 2004 - aha - damn those doctors keep giving him endorsements - hmmm - wonder why? - when i spoke to him before joing the course - he said staright up he doesnt do umat courses only courses for people who have only 1 option to get in - i didnt talk to him last year - stupid me

M

Wooz said:
Medentry, Icarus is a bit dodgy and their material wasn't as good as Medentry's. Dallas the owner of Icarus is getting sued by Medentry for copyright infringement, coz he was using and giving out Medentry material.

Marinababy

HSC
N/A
Goodbye Bacilli - we will miss your foul mouthed contributions like the plague - without people like you this forum will be a more pleasant place to post - many genuine people come here to hopefully - read some TRUTH

M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)