Medentry Vs Icarus College! Sorry For Repeat (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

msomana

HSC
Marinababy, would you mind giving us some way of getting such SOMEL files, so that we can be "convinced"?

And might I also have some contact details of a doctor who has endorsed him and is willing to let me call them up and ask about the endorsement being true? As well as any registrars that took his training. Thanks - I'm sure you can do this for me since you talk to Dallas so much...

Marinababy

HSC
N/A
Hi Msomana- all doctors are in the australian whitepages i am informed - i cannot release the SOMEL files i read but i will try to get you an email address

msomana said:
Marinababy, would you mind giving us some way of getting such SOMEL files, so that we can be "convinced"?

And might I also have some contact details of a doctor who has endorsed him and is willing to let me call them up and ask about the endorsement being true? As well as any registrars that took his training. Thanks - I'm sure you can do this for me since you talk to Dallas so much...

msomana

HSC
... You're advertising that here too? oh my goodness.

From the Australian Medical Council, available at http://www.amc.org.au/news51.asp

The AMC understands that the Vanuatu College of Medicine is claiming that it is close to receiving recognition for eligibility to sit the AMC examination to obtain registration in Australia.

The Vanuatu College of Medicine is not recognised in Australia for the purposes of the AMC examination. The AMC is not currently considering an application from the Vanuatu College of Medicine for recognition.

IT'S NOT RECOGNISED but Bacilli feel free to go and waste 160 weeks and whatever it costs to do the course if you wish.

azura.romeo

HSC
N/A
holy crap read this NOW!!!!!!holy crap read this NOW!!!!!!holy crap read this NOW!!!!!!holy crap read this NOW!!!!!!holy crap read this NOW!!!!!!holy crap read this NOW!!!!!!holy crap read this NOW!!!!!!holy crap read this NOW!!!!!!holy crap read this NOW!!!!!!holy crap read this NOW!!!!!!holy crap read this NOW!!!!!!holy crap read this NOW!!!!!!holy crap read this NOW!!!!!!holy crap read this NOW!!!!!!holy crap read this NOW!!!!!!holy crap read this NOW!!!!!!holy crap read this NOW!!!!!!holy crap read this NOW!!!!!!holy crap read this NOW!!!!!!holy crap read this NOW!!!!!!holy crap read this NOW!!!!!!holy crap read this NOW!!!!!!holy crap read this NOW!!!!!!holy crap read this NOW!!!!!!holy crap read this NOW!!!!!!

http://www.medical-entrance.edu.au/studentalert.jsp

msomana

HSC
... uh... whatever, that website also seems to say that you can practice in Australia from doing an MBBS in VCM, so I would take everything with a grain of salt...

Richie77

HSC
Hi Jaytee,
A lot of crap has been said about Icarus College but if you want to be trained by someone who has more experience than the students who run Medentry then give them a call. Dallas was the one who trained them in the first place so you might as well choose the best. I've had umat training with Icarus College and it got me into dentistry. Expect full support from day one.

Richie

Madymay

HSC
Hi!
I'm doing the umat prep course with Icarus College at the moment and so far it's pretty good. I don't know what you guys are all going on about. I think Dallas is great. He has faith in you that you will achieve your best and makes you really think. He definitely knows his stuff! Anyway, I'm impressed regardless of all the negativity directed towards Icarus College. Cheers!

Madison

Thurian

HSC
Icarus College hands down. Why settle for less? It's your future you're gambling with.

Marinababy

HSC
N/A
Couldnt agree more thurian - crashed and burned once but not this year - most people i talk to who got in did icarus - those doctors endoresements say enough but being a dumb i didnt read them last year - even msomana did it and got 205 raw score - pretty cool

M
Thurian said:
Icarus College hands down. Why settle for less? It's your future you're gambling with.

.blank

HSC
N/A
Marinababy,
which high school do you/did you go to?
Please answer this, and I will PM you the name of a contact I have at that school (most likely I will have one, as I have contacts from heaps of different schools). Please contact THEM, and they will get back to me, confirming you are genuinely a student.
This will answer most questions. If you cannot name the school, then obviously you are not a student.
Thank you.

Last edited:

msomana

HSC
Notice that the other endorsements come from people with ONE post?

I certainly do NOT endorse icarus college - you can get 220+ without prep courses, and if you really want that kind of stuff go out, buy a speed reading book and learn that, then go out and buy a mensa IQ test book (thick one is good, and usually they are quite cheap) - and then go out and have a social life.

Seriously, it's one heck of a lot cheaper than any prep course out there.

Preity

HSC
msomana said:

^ Yeah, I noticed that as well. I mean, I'm not against anyone (well, not really...) but it's kind of sus - as Wooz pointed out - that these endorsements are comin from primarily new members with just one post so far - like as if Icarus (or Dallas) has formed his army to counterattack if the situation arises lol

Marinababy

HSC
N/A
Nice name - BLANK - Read the threads - did umat last year with missed entry - i dont go to any high school - been there done that - do some work or youll be repeating SCHOOL next year - sounds like you dont have even a spare second BLANK to post on forums

M
.blank said:
Marinababy,
which high school do you/did you go to?
Please answer this, and I will PM you the name of a contact I have at that school (most likely I will have one, as I have contacts from heaps of different schools). Please contact THEM, and they will get back to me, confirming you are genuinely a student.
This will answer most questions. If you cannot name the school, then obviously you are not a student.
Thank you.

Marinababy

HSC
N/A
Yeah - Preity - comments from people doing umat 2008 should really come from people who joined the forum back in 1998 - dahhhhhhhhhhhhhh - people doing the umat this year please dont post here unless you joined the forum years ago - dahhhhhhh - "as wooz pointed out " - dahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - missed entry

M

Preity said:
msomana said:

^ Yeah, I noticed that as well. I mean, I'm not against anyone (well, not really...) but it's kind of sus - as Wooz pointed out - that these endorsements are comin from primarily new members with just one post so far - like as if Icarus (or Dallas) has formed his army to counterattack if the situation arises lol

Season

HSC
Marinababy said:
Yeah - Preity - comments from people doing umat 2008 should really come from people who joined the forum back in 1998 - dahhhhhhhhhhhhhh - people doing the umat this year please dont post here unless you joined the forum years ago - dahhhhhhh - "as wooz pointed out " - dahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - missed entry
Pretty rich coming from someone who screwed up the UMAT don't ya think? Oh and according to your own rules you shouldn't be posting here either.

See most people who have the ability to get into medicine also have the skills to recognize trolls/idiots on the web

Preity

HSC
Marinababy said:

M

Hey Marinababy, I'm jus sayin that if you looked at the previous page, there are two members who pretty much posted at similar times, joined at the same time and had their last activity at, again, very similar times. What's sus about this is that Dallas could have multiple accounts on BoS and might log in here to defend himself once he sees so much opposition against him.

Don't take it personally, I didn't mean to offend you. Like I know I am doing Medentry this year and that I haven't done Icarus or even sat the umat yet so who am I to say that one of them is better than the other? However, just even taking a glimpse at some of these posts kinda immediately tell you to keep a good distance away from Icarus, that's all.

Marinababy

HSC
N/A
Good point so dont look at the posts as they must clearly be from missed entry trolls you reckon? theres a great forum at: http://www.medstudentsonline.com.au/ - trolls not allowed and no crap

M

Hey Marinababy, I'm jus sayin that if you looked at the previous page, there are two members who pretty much posted at similar times, joined at the same time and had their last activity at, again, very similar times. What's sus about this is that Dallas could have multiple accounts on BoS and might log in here to defend himself once he sees so much opposition against him.

Don't take it personally, I didn't mean to offend you. Like I know I am doing Medentry this year and that I haven't done Icarus or even sat the umat yet so who am I to say that one of them is better than the other? However, just even taking a glimpse at some of these posts kinda immediately tell you to keep a good distance away from Icarus, that's all.[/quote]

Marinababy

HSC
N/A
Cant help being conned by missed entry season

M

Season said:
Pretty rich coming from someone who screwed up the UMAT don't ya think? Oh and according to your own rules you shouldn't be posting here either.

See most people who have the ability to get into medicine also have the skills to recognize trolls/idiots on the web

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)