MedEntry (1 Viewer)

Danger

HSC
Too bad I don't have a mac. Anyone know how to do this on windows? No, I'm not going to do anything illegal with it, I just want to print out the guides and read them on the train.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
That is illegal though. You're not allowed to print anything from MedEntry. You paid for it, but yet, you don't own it.

Paste the picture into MS Word, and stretch it.

Edit: There's another way if that doesn't work

Last edited:

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Do you have the option to change the password? If yes, allow me access for 2 minutes so I can test my method. It will benefit us all Danger by sharing what we accumulate. As soon as I have time, I will scan & upload the Acer Volume 1, and 2 booklets; in addition I plan to purchase the Amepp pack and will certainly scan every page, organise them, and upload for everyone.
I plan to sit the UMAT in 2008 as you do, so let's help one another out a little here, mate.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
No more packages...

Last edited:

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Photocopies of the preparation package.

kooltrainer

HSC
are the workshops really important? do they make much difference? coz one of my friend said that during the workshop, the tutors just sit and go over those booklets which you can do at home.. so would it be worth the money to apply for medentry.
i can get those practice questions btw.. and dunno if i shuld pay $500 just for workshop and interview guide.. =/

AznAssassin

~*BANKAI*~ Member
HSC
msomana said:
This would have to be the third or fourth time I've explained my budget umat prep:

$~5 on a couple of newspapers or other reading material of interest
$35 Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goleman for section 2
$10 Some cheap thick difficult Mensa IQ test book
and the two UMAT booklets from ACER to get a feel for the questions and the time constraints (N.B. the umat booklets are piss easy compared to the actual umat, that's why the newspaper and mensa book.)

Plus some time spent on:

Speed reading through the newspapers - and being able to regurgitate what you just read.
Reading the Emotional Intelligence book
Doing the Mensa IQ tests WITHOUT CHECKING THE ANSWERS until you have the right one.

Then the rest of the money can be saved obviously. Or even used to get some nice clothes for the interviews, or even to pay for a flight interstate. Don't ask me what to do with your own extra cash...

In fact there are some people in the course I know who got in without a prep course who just showed up for the umat, didn't think at all about the interviews prior to them, and got first round offers.
I had initially attempted this advice and unfortunately, it does not work unless you like take time to go on a crusade to look for the books, wasting petrol. In addition, many of the latest Mensa books (which I have) have Q's dissimilar to the UMAT ones (although only a small % has the right ones). If you can get your hands on that Daniel Goleman book, I salute you (you can probably find it over Ebay or none of the Med book stores/normal book stores sell it).

Ultimately, taking a course worth a few hundred bucks is an investment for your future. $300~600 = a liftime of earning like $100 000+ annually. Is it not worth it?

(this is just my opinion)

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
AznAssassin said:
I had initially attempted this advice and unfortunately, it does not work unless you like take time to go on a crusade to look for the books, wasting petrol. In addition, many of the latest Mensa books (which I have) have Q's dissimilar to the UMAT ones (although only a small % has the right ones). If you can get your hands on that Daniel Goleman book, I salute you (you can probably find it over Ebay or none of the Med book stores/normal book stores sell it).

Ultimately, taking a course worth a few hundred bucks is an investment for your future. $300~600 = a liftime of earning like $100 000+ annually. Is it not worth it?

(this is just my opinion)
Depends, on the person really, i know alot of people who have done well without umat prep courses.

Chimpdaddy

HSC
Danger said:
Hi all, I'm thinking about purchasing the Distance Prep Package as I might not be able to attend their workshops. I want to know the main differences between this course and the Platinum course. Do the practice interviews really help or does their 'interview guide' provide enough information for you to perform well?

So what I;m asking is whether it's worth it to attend their workshops. It'll be great if someone who has been to MedEntry answer these questions. Thanks for any input!
Honestly, I would not bother with their personal interview training. It is too expensive and I found the guides are sufficient. The workshops basically cover everything what is taught in the guides. It gives you an idea of how other people in your course are performing. But otherwise, just stick with what you've got.

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
Chimpdaddy said:
Honestly, I would not bother with their personal interview training. It is too expensive and I found the guides are sufficient. The workshops basically cover everything what is taught in the guides. It gives you an idea of how other people in your course are performing. But otherwise, just stick with what you've got.
True. I just used their guide and my own common sense. I got two interviews and two offers. No need to spend $$$ on interview prep.

bubbly89

HSC
What the workshop does is it motivates you, the practice exam they give you is a great way to remind yourself that it is one exam, you only get one shot, and its bloody hard.

The workshop itself doesn't really give you any extra information or skills that aren't already covered in the notes, it just motivates you. I know I came out of the workshop and looked over the guides in a lot more detail.

cairoandjakarta

HSC
bubbly89 said:
What the workshop does is it motivates you, the practice exam they give you is a great way to remind yourself that it is one exam, you only get one shot, and its bloody hard.

The workshop itself doesn't really give you any extra information or skills that aren't already covered in the notes, it just motivates you. I know I came out of the workshop and looked over the guides in a lot more detail.
There are a couple of things they talk about in the workshop that aren't in the guides, and they talk about interviews as well. I just went this weekend gone, and I think it will help me a lot.

I haven't done any other prep courses, but I'd definitely recommend doing one, of whatever variety. I've found MedEntry to be good so far.

Cody08

HSC
Yeah I went to the first day of the workshop today. It is just like the notes the give you through the LMS. There's some things they mention that's not in the notes but yeah. It's more of a motivational tool for me. Plus meeting people interested in the same things.

Marinababy

HSC
N/A
Wooz said:
Anyways, how did you go in UMAT marinababy?
Good Wooz fingers crossed - s2/3 great - s1 long but knocked off 41/44 - last yr 35/44

doink

Clone
HSC
Marinababy said:
Good Wooz fingers crossed - s2/3 great - s1 long but knocked off 41/44 - last yr 35/44
But in the other thread you said you are doing MBBS @ Adelaide...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)