Media impact on Adolescent Development (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

w00dy.

HSC
Hey guys,
For my IRP I intend on researching to what extent the media impacts on adolescent development. If you could please do this little quick questionaire, it would be muchly appreciated.

1. Age:

2. Gender:

3. List four areas, which you think has a strong impact on adolescent lives:

4. For each of the four areas, please state whether you think the impact is positive or negative:

5. Through what mediums does the media portray issues/ideas eg. advertising, articles, etc:

6. Any other comments in regards to the medias impact on adolescent development:

Thank You.

just-a-stranger

a humble child of God
HSC
this is kind of a late reply but i only saw this thread now so i hope u still need responses =)

1. Age: 17

2. Gender: Female

- home/family life, social life, school, media

4. For each of the four areas, please state whether you think the impact is positive or negative:
home/family life- depends on whether there's a positive atmosphere or not
social life - positive
school - positive
media - largely positive

5. Through what mediums does the media portray issues/ideas eg. advertising, articles, etc:
news & magazine articles

6. Any other comments in regards to the medias impact on adolescent development:
despite contrary opinions, for the most part i believe that the media actually has a positive impact on the development of teenagers.
eg. surely issues such as unhealthy body images presented through the media may affect teens negatively but there are also perhaps just the same amount or maybe even more promoting a healthy lifestyle.

N

noir.

1. Age: 16

2. *Sex: Female

The school environement, envi. @ home, the media and the envi @ work

all 4 areas have a both positive and negative impact. It depends on how the person responds to situation that occur within these areas, or how they interpret them.

Through film and advertising

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)