Media Player Needs to be Moved! (1 Viewer)

Link

Hi folks

When I try to use media player, some files need for me to actually "move" the frame (i.e. hold onto the tab at the top and move it) for the video to run, otherwise it just shows like a paused frame from the last time I moved it.

How can I resolve this? This is now the latest Media Player I got from the Microsoft Website.

Also.. what's going on with all this "license checking" and such.. it does so much connecting and stuff (down the bottom of the media player)!

Thanks for ANY assistance :)

sunny

meh.
HSC
You might want to try to reinstall or update the codecs needed for that file, especially if its DivX. If that doesn't work, see if the file will play properly in other players.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
I had a similar problem when trying to play ".MPEG" files. Note the difference b/w ".MPG" (most common one)

I realised i had installed like 3 codec packs to make it play properlly with WMP9 - when, i decided to uninstall ALL codec packs, then tried it, and it worked bueatifully. Sometimes there is just a corrupt codec. :)

Link

thanks sunny and grizzly - i'll give it a shot on DivX

I might just uninstall ALL codecs

sunny - shouldn't it automatically update my codecs if what I have is insufficient? Cos if I have codecs I didn't consciously download them I assumed WMP found it itself..

sunny

meh.
HSC
Link said:
sunny - shouldn't it automatically update my codecs if what I have is insufficient? Cos if I have codecs I didn't consciously download them I assumed WMP found it itself..
Not all codecs work this way.....as you will find all the WMP codecs work very well with that feature, its hard to say for some of the others.

Now that you brought it up, I've never seen a non WMP codec work with the auto update.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Link said:
thanks sunny and grizzly - i'll give it a shot on DivX

I might just uninstall ALL codecs

Welcome. Let us know how you go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)