Media Production: UNSW, Usyd, or UTS? (1 Viewer)

onomatopoeic

HSC
I am an international student currently studying science at UNSW. I want to become a filmmaker so I decided to transfer to media next semester. I received some advice that UTS is the best university if I want to do media or anything related to films/production because it offers more practical learning than theoretical. Some also said that after UTS, I should study at AFTRS next. There are people who told me that UNSW's Screen and sound is also good, but not as good as UTS and that UNSW and USyd are more into theoretical stye of teaching that UTS.

What's your opinion about this?

I want to become a film director/writer/(possibly actor), but of course, I also want to become an Australian citizen. I'm already here and this is the opportunity for me to have a better life. As much as I want to continue studying science, I'm not happy anymore and will probably end up failing everything. Looking forward to your advices. If you have other advices, feel free to post it. Thank you all.

tattoo2200

HSC
N/A
UTS arts in media and communications is very good. Especially combined with law. They ahve specific degrees for the branches of communicatiosn and media. Look it up in the brochure. It would be better if you combined it with law as well, but you dont have to.
Hope i helped :)

better_than_you

HSC
Film jobs come much more from your portfolio of work than where you studied. All of the universities mentioned give you good base knowledge in the field. Pick whichever uni you feel most comfortable in and try to build up as many practice films as you can while studying, so when you graduate you have a go-to portfolio for the entry-level jobs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)