Mediation and ADR (1 Viewer)

GreenLeaf

consultant
HSC
N/A
Anyone done mediation or alternative dispute resolution, and can tell me anything about the difficulty or average marks/average failure rates? Lots of class contribution/discussion?

Still wondering if I should do these electives next semester... or in summer...or even at all :confused:

Timbo650

Supposed to be studying
HSC
N/A
I've done ADR, in weekend format, last year.

I would have done mediation this semester, except that the timetabling didn't work out.

It's worth doing, if only because it looks good on the resume.

Hard? No, if you are prepared to be a little self-examining, and a little grown up.
Easy? No way. ADR is not a soft course.

Recommended? Yes.

Lara1986

HSC
I've done ADR (Autumn 2008).

As far as difficulty - it wasn't difficult at all. As long as you pay attention during the ' lecture' part of the class, it's very straightforward.

You don't need to do much prep for the class itself as the lecture notes go through everything.

The assignments are short so aren't time consuming, it's more a matter of making sure you cover everything that's required and that you participate actively in the class activities as these relate directly to teh assignment.

It's worth doing because it's not that time consuming, is very practical and lightens your study load a fair bit (in comparison to doing 4 units that take the full 14 weeks of semester).

Only i suppose, negative, if you see it that way, is that you have to be there all the time pretty much because attendance is pretty strict in the class so i wouldn't register for it unless I was sure i could attend the classes.

tubtub

HSC
On ADR, do they mark hard on the assignments? is it hard to get a pass in this subject?

Lara1986

HSC
tubtub said:
On ADR, do they mark hard on the assignments? is it hard to get a pass in this subject?
It's not so much a matter of whether it is marked hard or not, but a matter of whether you pay attention in class and grasp the content as if you understand the content, it's pretty difficult to do badly as the tasks are quite straight forward. However if you misunderstand the content you will find the tasks difficult.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)