Medical Dilemma - Seeking advice please (1 Viewer)

retece

HSC
I got offered JCU and UNSW Medicine.

I have spoken to a JCU med student and he has highlighted some of the pros and cons of studying at JCU. At the moment I am keen on JCU. My family is also very keen on moving to Townsville for job opportunities.

I would like to know more about UNSW Medicine, could someone provide me with some pros and cons and finally which would you choose if it was up to you? and perhaps compare UNSW and JCU?

I have to make a decision VERY soon...

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Follow your heart. I'm sure both unis have their pros and cons.

Fosweb

I could be your Doctor...
HSC
Quite frankly, I get the impression these days that a Med degree is a Med degree, and most universities suck equally at delivering a quality Med degree.

Have fun. Maybe I'll see you in a few weeks. Maybe I won't.

mervvyn

Marshm'ello
Somewhere over the rainbow... yes, that rainbow.
HSC
As has been said, there aren't a great many advantages or disadvantages between the contents of either degree. Perhaps the biggest content issue is that JCU places more emphasis on tropical and indigenous health, and perhaps rural medicine as well. Other than that, think about the campus you want to go to and where you want to live. If your family is relocating north, do you want to move as well, or would you be able and happy to live in sydney somehow?
So yes, it's really up to what your gut feelings are, either way you'll be a qualified medico afterwards. If you do come to UNSW, come to medcamp. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)