Medical/ Health Science careers (1 Viewer)

kimjuliana

HSC
Hi guys! So I've head from a variety of people different things about the future of medical/ health science careers, such as pharmacy, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, etc... Some say it's not a good career as you cant advance upwards, some say it is going to have a higher demand in the future due to the aging population, some say its never going to have a high demand. Is there anyone who could give me a good idea of what the future of medical/ health science career is going to be? I know that you can never predict the future but can someone at least give a picture of what it is going to be like in 5+ years of so?

kimjuliana

HSC
hey guys whats the difference between a bachelor of medical science vs a bachelor of biomedical science?
Apparently Biomedical science means u can be accredited as a Medical Laboratory Scientist. Is this degree better?

Medman

HSC
What do you mean by advance upwards? The pinnacle is starting your own company just like any other career. Health care professionals working privately can earn around 100k+ a year for most health professionals. It's a stable profession and it depends on what you want to do with your life. There will be increasing demands on the health care system in the future due to increasing population and aging population.

HKHSCstudent

HSC
Uni Grad
It's pretty much the same stuff. Don't do these course as employment is hard after graduation.
I graduate with Bachelor of Science in 2011, it's hard to find a job, the only good option to study diploma of teaching in science for a year and be a teacher.

Do a course that gives you a job : pharmacy, physio, OT, radiation therapist, all these have good employment rates , radiation therapist is the highest and most in demand

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)