Medical Physics Option? WTF!?! (1 Viewer)

Sprach

Where the hell was the rest of it? There was no mention of endoscopes (lol one of the major things i studied), not too much about radio isotopes or anything, they seemed only to concentrate on MRI/PET and that crap... i was pretty pissed with that!
oh well it is over now :D only 3 more to go

tegs

I was pretty pissed that it didn't have much on MRI. One mark!!! I studied heaps for that!!!

N

ND

At first i was kinda thrown off by that 8 marker, but hopefully i'll get 6 or 7.

Squirrel

what properties of ultrasound make it suitable for finding bone density ?????????

Sprach

rofl i said that the ultrasound could pass through the bone and then measured on the otherside to see how much was absorbed

smeyo

yeah i studied heaps on mri and there wasnt much on it, but there was heaps on PET, luckily i knew that alright....heaps on x-rays, but whatelse are they going to ask... really it was alright

Sprach

un what about endoscopes? THINK OF THE ENDOSCOPES!
also for the 8 marker i just wrote about how they used the props of electrons with the actual scanning and also with their monitoring devices such as CRO's and CRT monitors? was i right with the CRO and CRT's? please say yes :D

smeyo

for ultrasound in the heel it is the attenuation and absorption of it through the heel, compared to normally when it is reflecftion

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I rocked the medical

I loved the 8 mark question.

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
medical was sooo cool... everything in there i knew..only think that threw me off was the bone scan VS xray..cause i only looked over that..but its all good.. loved the 8 marker aswell..

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Originally posted by Sprach
un what about endoscopes? THINK OF THE ENDOSCOPES!
also for the 8 marker i just wrote about how they used the props of electrons with the actual scanning and also with their monitoring devices such as CRO's and CRT monitors? was i right with the CRO and CRT's? please say yes :D

err.. not exactly.. we are talking about electrons and the development of CAT and PET heres an outline of the four page essay i wrote on it:p:

- nice fluffly intro
- explain how CAT works, using X-Rays
- explain the need for the understanding of electrons, explaning how X-Rays are produced; which all ties in nicely with electrons in the tube being accelerated etc. causing electrons to jump orbits releasing energy didfference in X-Rays
- talk about PET works
- do the same thing; mention electrons.... and especially interactions of the electrons and positrons
- short conclusion

btw i briefly mentioned electrons in the gamma camera

w00tah i hope it gets me good marks

and about ultrasound.. yes its attentuation and absorption for bone density.. i wrote a whole page on it anywayz

Sprach

yeah but it said the production and display of the images that are created, thats why i mentioned the television (CRT) and the heart monitor (CRO), if it didn't say DISPLAY in the question i would not have mentioned them, but thats why i put em in :D any comments?

Bepps

bloody-bloody. I forgot how X-rays were made!! I started talking about damn safety issues and with 20 minutes to go (and still having not done multiple choice) i remembered that X-rays were made with electrons. Might get 6 if i'm lucky, i did 2 booklets on the option. The rest of the test was pretty good though. I hope chem is the same!!

Sprach

yeah that display bit is what made me stop and tink about CRT/CRO, it was just stuck there hiding on the end lol... glad that i mentioned it

smeyo

shit i missed the display part i just talked about how understanding electrons also greater knowledge about how they work allows a clearer image to be obtained, talked about from xray 30 shades of grey to 256 in CAT and even better in PET, hope thats good enough for display, i saw it at the end and thought well that can do, cant be bothered doing more for it

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
that was soooo bad.. that whole section...

there practically not much ultrasound... n argg the stoopid pet and x rays questions.... wish they had more ultrasound questions!!

Sprach

not much ultrasound?!?! 6 morks worth!!! i am more pissed about the no endoscope crap!

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
For CAT I talked about how X-rays were produced by changing the kinetic energy to electromagnetic radiation when it hit the anodes and decelerates.

For PET I talked how an electron is a 'matter', a positron is an 'anti matter', they both collides produce gamma rays with the equation

e + e = 2 gamma

etcc.... blabbered on for 3 pages.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)