Medical Science at Macquarie? (1 Viewer)

DMOS

HSC
Is Macquarie a good place to study medical science?
I am thinking of doing the undergrad course and then do a post grad medicine course elsewhere or become a forensic scientist.

ninee

HSC
N/A
I did it its good. Best thing is when you go to get a job everyone else in the course is still trying to get into medicine so theres not much competition.

dolbinau

HSC
It isn't that clear how the students will be 'part of' the hospital though..is it?

DMOS

HSC
Is physics an assumed knowledge for Medical science?

DMOS

HSC
doesn't it depend on which stream I go into because I want to go into biomedical.

Jennt

HSC
N/A
Yeah? Please, tell us how.
Clinical anatomy classes will be run in the new wet labs at the hospital. They currently run them at USYD because there was no facility at Maq...

X

xeuyrawp

Clinical anatomy classes will be run in the new wet labs at the hospital. They currently run them at USYD because there was no facility at Maq...
How are you sure about that? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm just curious because the last I heard was that various departments were hoping for more lab space, not that it was certain.

Jennt

HSC
N/A
I did 2nd year anatomy (all done at USYD) in 2nd semester last year and know a bunch of the people doing 3rd year this semester (still at USYD). They have been told that it's running in the new wet lab at Macq next semester and that there's already cadavers organized (sorry if you're easily grossed out, but clinical anatomy does involve observation of REAL anatomy, not just pictures or plastic models).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)