Medical Science students at Campbelltown (1 Viewer)

icedabz

HSC
Hey i was just wondering if anyone here is going Campbelltown for Medical Science... What did you guys get in your ATAR and are there previous students that have done Medical Science, any tips will greatly be appreciated.

Thank you.

loki911

HSC
hey,

i was shocked that i actually got into med sci cause i got a shitty uai. well what do you expect out of med sci? just wondering

icedabz

HSC
Well actually i am hoping to maintain a GPA of 5.7+, sit the UMAT and GAMSAT along with the interview so i can hopefully go to doing medicine in 2011... If i don't make it in, ill finish my bachelor and apply to medicine as a postgraduate. Hopefully :) If it all goes to plan;) This your second year now aye? How was your first?...

loki911

HSC
yeah i bludged alot but it all went well. I think you are able to maintain a 5.7gpa, but the key is not bludging as you probably already know.

icedabz

HSC
Yeah i heard a GPA of 5, is credit average... So a few distinctions and 1 HD is enough for a 5.7 GPA... I hope?

evlazn

HSC
Hey icedabz, we gots the same plan lol.

Apart from the fact I'm in Adv sci AND Yeah LOL, if you think you can maintain a gpa of 5.7, you should have chosen adv sci. Although you will need a ATAR of only 95.95 lol.

But apart from the ATAR, it has the same first year stuff, while 2nd and 3rd years have research units replacing some of the electives, which should prepare me well for a honors year and eventually P.hD, only if I do not choose to do the mbbs, and it just sounds fancy to tell people I adv sci. Ow oh and and yoooou get to go on excursions to places like fungi land, nuclear land, CSIRO land and attend super super fun meetings and such. lol

:spam: mmmmmmmmmm:dog: spammmm.......!

Ow, TIPS:

Tip 1, Maybe you should aim for a GPA of 7, most people are planning the same thing and falling short of 7 compared to falling short of 5.7 is less harsh.

Tip 2, Remember its a competition!!!! Because it is a undergraduate degree you are competing with bright HSC student and current first years with the same plan from universities all over Australia and they only interview 300 and accept 100 into the degree. So be the best of the best.

Tip 3, Live like you never lived before because once your in you cant really party like a rock star anymore lol.:monkey:

Tip 4, Study through out the semester which is only 14 weeks btw, manage time like a real doctor lol "do you really need sleep?" lol, or you will find your self cramming and achieving marks lower then your potential.

Tip 5, Don't lose your self lol, stay cool, stick with friends, make new friends, hang with nerds. I hear their nerd brain power brushes off onto other people lol.

Tip 6, Stay fit, stay healthy, jog a little, lift a few kg, get the O2 flowing healthy, have some tofu, it doesnt hurt, lol but also treat your self to nice stuff, like lollies, shopping, games, or :spam:lol . Studies show if you live an active life and learn new things you train your brain to learn effectively and remember more. Its true, I seen the study lol.

That is all for now. I'm going to note this down so I can remember my own tips lol.

ALEX...OUT

PS. there was this guy I new who trained himself to sleep as soon as lays down and closes his eyes. LOL. You might want to try do that too.

icedabz

HSC
Thankz for the tips guys, ill be sure to work something out.. good luck to you all as well

badquinton304

HSC
look if u wanna good gpa sleep well study a lot and eat little in short time manage ur day like this 8hrs sleep, 30 min eating (lunch, breakfast and dinner), the rest of the day studyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
No.
Best is to spend a decent amount of leisure time. Ideally you want 20-30 mins of excercise some of which might be accomplished during travel. Also its always good to see your friends and do the things you like doing.

Also looking at the unit outlines chem and physics is going to be so easy this semester. However anatomy & histology and biodiversity are completely new to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)