Medical Science Transfer? Plz Help... (1 Viewer)

jefter

HSC
I am currently studying Medical Sciences at Macquarie University and only got a UAI of 81.20 in 2008, I've done my 1st Semester, so far i have a GPA of 2.5/4 in Macquarie's version and i think that translates to a GPA of 4.5 out of 7, i think...

I want to either transfer to Medical Science at UTS or USyd...

What are my chances, are they even realistic? What GPA do i need? Why does Mac have it out of 4? This is getting a bit annoying LOL!!! And how do i go about transferring? I have called up UTS and they said that they do use UAI weighted at 20% if required...but what's that supposed to mean, they didnt specify what GPA i require.

Can you help?

Doomah

HSC
yes u should get in with a 2.5. try get it to a 3.0 a credit equivalent and 110% u can transfer

as a student i rather MQ gpa system. you get a 4/4 for DN's. so only need 75% to get a a 4 GPA. not that hard.

also a lot less harsh if you fail a subject.

jefter

HSC
Hold up, i'm confused...

Hear me out: if you use Macquarie's version my GPA is 2.5/4, in which I believe 3/4 is a Dictinction Average. If you use the system out of 7 my GPA is 4.5/7

Does that make sense? Anyways...to transfer to Med Science at UTS what GPA do i need? To transfer to Usyd what GPA do i need?

surely i dont need a 3/4 to transfer to UTS Med Science do i? :confused:

jefter

HSC
at MQ

HD=4
Dn=4
Cr=3
Pass=2

if u calculated right, atm u are in between a pass and a credit.
does that mean overall if my Macquarie GPA is 2.5 will i be successful? I mean i called up UTS but everyone is so vague when it comes to transferring, the guy couldnt specify the academic standard i need in order to transfer...they just say apply via UAC.

What standard do i need to achieve to be considered?

Doomah

HSC
ive already told u in my sencd post, cant get anymore clearer

jefter

HSC
Right now my GPA is 4.5 assuming that i maintain this GPA it translates to a UAI of approximately 85.00. I called UTS and they said that they have a 20% weighting on the original UAI gained. Therefore, assuming i can at the very least maintain my current GPA my Selection Rank will be about 84.25 approximately. where GPA is weighted at 80% and my original UAI is weighted at 20%.

If i look at my 2008 HSC results i got a band 5 for 2unit maths and chemistry and a band 4 for physics, so thats 5 bonus points. Therefore my Selection Rank will be approximately 89.25, assumung the 2009 UAI for Med Science of 87.10 does not increase...I should make it in...Even if the weighting is 50/50, then my selection rank comes out to be 88.10...

At least thats by my calculations and assuming that all my "assumptions" go to plan or even better LOL!!!

Oh well, we'll see...

Last edited:

Doomah

HSC
you will get in. rather than putting energy into if and buts, concentrate on your studies and the rest will take care of itself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)