Medical Science? (1 Viewer)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
nutting said:
Pathology Lab Scientific Officer (3yr Med Science degree) 2 years exp ie. 24yo
$32,000
Please note that you can't base your opinion on the average salary of a particular field on one person you happen to know.

In most scientific field you would need at least a good Honours degree (4 year in total plus First class Honours or Honours Second Class Division I) to have a good chance at getting a good paid job, which are averaging $50-55K p.a. (without experience).

Most students who are keen in this field would have done the Honours year (and get good marks) and get themselves more prepare for a reseach career, which I can say, with a good starting salary.

Last edited:

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Survivor39 said:
Most students who are keen in this field would have done the Honours year (and get good marks) and get themselves more prepare for a reseach career, which I can say, with a good starting salary.
the question is... where do most of the non-keen ones go?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Switched field to commerce because they probably realise that science isn't for them. :D

MysticalElement

Troll Slayer
HSC
lolz anyways bak to med science................. is it worth doing the course? by that i mean actually getting the med science degree, not just to use it as a means to transfer into med...

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
MysticalElement said:
lolz anyways bak to med science................. is it worth doing the course? by that i mean actually getting the med science degree, not just to use it as a means to transfer into med...
Depending on what you want to do when you finish, will determine how worthwhile a Medical Science degree is. Other than getting into Medicine, why do you want to do Medical Science?

MysticalElement

Troll Slayer
HSC
katie tully said:
Depending on what you want to do when you finish, will determine how worthwhile a Medical Science degree is. Other than getting into Medicine, why do you want to do Medical Science?
dunno reeli i cant seem to find any uni courses that seem any good or of real interest and the interesting ones r just too hard hahah i'm really out of ideas at the moment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)