Medical Science (1 Viewer)

nitesh

HSC
Ive enrolled in medical science, im just wondering if anyone knows how many days per week must one attend for it, and the average amount of hours per day.

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
nitesh said:
Ive enrolled in medical science, im just wondering if anyone knows how many days per week must one attend for it, and the average amount of hours per day.
25-26 hours a week in first year
the amount of hours depends on which classes you choose
you'll be at uni 5 days a week 8-4pm on some days

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
Bob.J said:
yeh...i just roughly compiled my timetable and...all i can say is damn!...

nitesh

HSC
Bob.J said:
thanx for your help bob.j

i was just curious because ive just got a night fill position at my local woolies, 5days a week. thats gonna screw me around a little bit juggling work and study

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
thatll be tricky. youll atleast get really buggered if not struggle to get all your work done

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
nitesh said:
thanx for your help bob.j

i was just curious because ive just got a night fill position at my local woolies, 5days a week. thats gonna screw me around a little bit juggling work and study
depends really, in first year i managed to get a bio lecture and maths tutorial on the friday, you might be able to make friday free then have the whole of friday off

besides, uni is empty of fridays

reuder

hi all, im doing med science too. Just a quick question, in the choice between physics or computational science, i chose comp science, can someone direct me in the faculty handbook, what subjects i can choose to forfill the requirement of 12 units of comp science. thanks all

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
First year the courses are COSC1001 and COSC1002 which are 3 CP each.

reuder

acmilan said:
First year the courses are COSC1001 and COSC1002 which are 3 CP each.
WOW thanks for such a quick reply!!!
According to the faculty handbook..

A. Junior units of study
Candidates are required to enrol in and complete:
(i) MBLG 1001;
(ii) 12 credit points of Junior units of study from the Science Subject Area of Chemistry;
(iii) 12 credit points of Junior units of study from the Science Subject Area of Mathematics;
(iv) 12 credit points of Junior units of study from the Science Subject Area of Physics or Computational Science;and
(v) 6 credit points of Junior units of study from the Science Subject Area of Biology.

So with your suggestion i'll only have 6 out of 12 of the credit points I need, what else am I suppose to do.

Mushy18

HSC
im doing med science and i've got a 27hour week timetable. which is even more than high school! how sucky is that?

allstarr69

same lol though i know i dont really want to go into dentistry. Thats strange, i do med science but only have 21 hours a week however i do combined med sci and engineering. Is there a mistake with my timetable or is combined for some reason les hours than med science alone...

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Allstarrr said:
same lol though i know i dont really want to go into dentistry. Thats strange, i do med science but only have 21 hours a week however i do combined med sci and engineering. Is there a mistake with my timetable or is combined for some reason les hours than med science alone...
Your course is probably extended over 3 years. Although Med Science is really a 4 year course + honours if you choose to do it.

THe difference may be due to the current subjects your doing, most of the Med Science classeshave longer pracs which make up most of the hours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)