Medicine 😎 (1 Viewer)

HSC
No, I'm just curious, because he started the Medicine thread and seemed so hyped for starting it this year.

I'm not expecting anything from him.

His expectations because he wanted direct entry to Medicine, as in UNSW Med
exactly, its just sad how he was being put down, I would disappear too tbh :(

Directrix

HSC
Sidenote: The VCE atar is op like no fighting for internal ranks wowza

i wonder what happens if you just cruise internals and get 100 in externals there

quickoats

HSC

i wonder what happens if you just cruise internals and get 100 in externals there
VCE can scale/align above 100 (50/50 can scale up to like 55/50) so you don’t get the diminishing returns thing (e.g. 50 in 4u going to 80, but 99 going to 99).

Also they count a little bit of your worst subjects so you get a bonus boost rather than discarding the results like they do here.

JeydinNewWon

HSC

Honestly, if I knew I probably would've moved to do VCE. Like internal ranks for me, I heavily dislike, and I wish NESA can implement a system which doesn't focus so heavily on it. But then again they had terrible shit with COVID which was even worse than NSW....so yeah....

Last edited:

iStudent

HSC
Even though he lied to me, I opened up my account again today to message him, hoping that he could take care of my poor best friend who got into UNSW Medicine. My friend was someone who wasnt the brightest but he was the kindest person I knew and had to study HSC in an essentially 4 metre square room. He had barely any space for himself and he was really poor, going to the same disadvantaged school as I and ranking low in his subjects. On top of that, because of my problems, I yelled at him so many times when I got angry with him and I gave him a hard time because of my personal mental issues and I felt so guilty for it. When he told me he got into med, I literally cried so much and came online here to ask Sonic to take care of him for me and to make sure he doesn’t get stressed and check up on him because I know he doesn’t like to say anything about his problems. But I just get encountered with this and while I did know all along from a week after HSC results released I find it hard to believe/accept.
Hi guys, interesting thread. I thought I should chime in to say that it is most certainly possible to enter into medicine from a disadvantaged school, without being from a rural background. Some degrees such as the JMP do not require an extremely high ATAR and its UCAT requirements are probably one of the most reasonable/accessible since it is all based on a cut-off.

dumbfuck

HSC
N/A
Anyone have a list of all the UCAT questions/sites/resources we should use?

dumNerd

HSC
Anyone have a list of all the UCAT questions/sites/resources we should use?
Medify, medentry. I also have a drive but it's pretty bad cos I reckon anything that doesn't replicate the online platform isn't great. I use medify and it's been pretty good like the explanations are solid, went from barely getting any right in abstract to getting most right. But i reckon you should ask some peole on conquerer, on the ucat section they talk.about this quite a lot

dumbfuck

HSC
N/A
Medify, medentry. I also have a drive but it's pretty bad cos I reckon anything that doesn't replicate the online platform isn't great. I use medify and it's been pretty good like the explanations are solid, went from barely getting any right in abstract to getting most right. But i reckon you should ask some peole on conquerer, on the ucat section they talk.about this quite a lot
yep have done so; they told me to google it lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)