medicine 2007 (1 Viewer)

clever angel

HSC
hi guys!

i am considering to resit the umay in 2006 and den hoping to transfer to undergrad med.

apart from unsw and melb uni which other unis accept students from first yr uni?

UWS - It starts new course in 2007 but is it only for skool leavers?
Wollongong?
Newcastle ?

thankxxx

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
its UMAT, not UMAY.....anyways...i dunno answers to any of ur questions...!!

fluffy

HSC
N/A
Monash doesn't want any NRSL for sure.

UNSW, Melb U, UWA are safe.

Not sure about UAdel and the others though.

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
UAdel has an internal transfer program. But I'm not 100% on if you can transfer in from interstate.

Last edited:

Vampire

KOLLARZUP!!
HSC
UoW is graduate med too...btw sepulchres, do u know whether it is possible to transfer to newcastle undergrad med from another uni?

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
that's what he just said

anyone can get into newcastle med... you dont even have to be in uni or a school leaver

but of course there is a small quota for non-school leaver applicants

nellyei

HSC
non school leaver applicants? Like you could come off the streets, do the umat, pass the interview and next ihng u know doing med at newcastle?

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
well take a 35 yo financial manager
they wouldve graduated over 10 years ago
finished high school like 17 years ago
All their academic records are null (and out of date)

They just have to sit the umat and it should be good (they show that they finished their uni degree and that's probably it)

dawma88

Dance jew dance!!!
HSC
N/A
simple question

im thinking of doing the same thing as the thread starter ( doing i yr of uni and applying in 2007), my question is do unis take in accoung the course when they select students upon their umat, gpa/nrsl or wateva ???

cos iv heard the unis take ppl with really high gpa's, see now this would be possible if one was doing say medical sci or science, however im doing actuarial studies so its going to be hard for me to acheive say a d or a hd average.

so do the unis take in consideration the course when selecting students upon their gpa ???

confused guy

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Re: simple question

Haha only an apprentice actuary would think that MedSc is all about HDs. :p

Short answer - NO. They don't care what course you're doing, GPA is GPA. If you're in a hard course...well, I pray you love it enough to do well is all.

dawma88

Dance jew dance!!!
HSC
N/A

sikeveo said:
what uai did you get dawma? Y
98 uai

umat: hahahaha u dont want to know ( really im serious)

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC

you have a decent chance with 98, u need around 6.5 gpa at uni and with an ok umat you'll be fine. (according to prev results)

dawma88

Dance jew dance!!!
HSC
N/A

sikeveo said:
you have a decent chance with 98, u need around 6.5 gpa at uni and with an ok umat you'll be fine. (according to prev results)
6.5 GPA !!!- getting that in actuarial studies at macq uni is going to a challenge !!! ( considering i did only 3u maths)

im gonna die

one last question: i know that umat results exist for 2 years, is it possible to do it in yr 11 and keep that score when ur in yr 12 or if u get a shit score u have a 2nd chance, can that be done ???

i know ACER dosent allow yr 11's to sit the test, but it is possible yea ? cos how r they going to find out ??

Antler

Custom User Title
HSC

dawma88 said:
one last question: i know that umat results exist for 2 years, is it possible to do it in yr 11 and keep that score when ur in yr 12 or if u get a shit score u have a 2nd chance, can that be done ???

i know ACER dosent allow yr 11's to sit the test, but it is possible yea ? cos how r they going to find out ??
You can get banned/suspended from sitting the UMAT if you atempt to take it pre year 12. You do have a second chance and a third and so on as you can sit the UMAT while at university.

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC

dawma88 said:
6.5 GPA !!!- getting that in actuarial studies at macq uni is going to a challenge !!! ( considering i did only 3u maths)

im gonna die

why do actuary if you want to do medicine
if you want money, do dentistry coz you gotta work yourself to the bone before you see any money in med

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)