Medicine Entry (1 Viewer)

Sunaina123

HSC
Hey, congratulations! Just wondering does Newcastle uni give offers for medicine just based on UCAT results or do they look at Atar as well. Thanks:)

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
Hey, congratulations! Just wondering does Newcastle uni give offers for medicine just based on UCAT results or do they look at Atar as well. Thanks:)
Their system involves a few steps, recently they’ve changed it. I got an interview offer based off of UCAT score alone. However there is an ATAR minimum requirement of 94 which if you fail to achieve they can remove your offer. Once you’ve had an interview that is all they consider in giving you a course offer, other than the minimum requirements.
As long as you get a good UCAT you should be fine because a 94 ATAR is perfectly manageable

dumNerd

HSC
Their system involves a few steps, recently they’ve changed it. I got an interview offer based off of UCAT score alone. However there is an ATAR minimum requirement of 94 which if you fail to achieve they can remove your offer. Once you’ve had an interview that is all they consider in giving you a course offer, other than the minimum requirements.
As long as you get a good UCAT you should be fine because a 94 ATAR is perfectly manageable
what is a "good ucat"

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
3000s, this guy iirc got 3100+

Op, what was your exact score?

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC

A competitive UCAT would be above 95th percentile, usually achieving a score of >2950 would do this but this year things were a bit higher. Aiming for 3000 is a good idea.
I actually only got a score of 3040 this year 😔 sorry to disappoint

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
A competitive UCAT would be above 95th percentile, usually achieving a score of >2950 would do this but this year things were a bit higher. Aiming for 3000 is a good idea.
WOW, and that got you in! AMAZING, still an outstanding achievement. Happy for you : )

dumNerd

HSC
did you do any courses like I dont trust in my ability to get more than 99.5

Tantrrsh

HSC
Does anyone know when Newcastle will reject your application? Do they wait until atars come out ?

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
Does anyone know when Newcastle will reject your application? Do they wait until atars come out ?
I mean... I'm hoping they don't reject mine ahha. I'm assuming there are multiple rounds for selection, and this is round 1. These entry rounds might not end until early January.

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
did you do any courses like I dont trust in my ability to get more than 99.5
I used MedEntry to help me study, it was super helpful and I only wish I'd studied from further out... I was so clueless about University I didn't even know the UCAT was a thing until about April... honestly, studying from a year out instead of like 3 would have been amazing haha.

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
Oh I didn't mean yours lol. I meant mine, because my ucat was so terrible I'm just waiting for the inevitable rejection.
If you get a reasonable ATAR you could still be competitive! Wouldn't throw all your hopes out the window, as long as you're still >90th percentile you still have a decent chance

Tantrrsh

HSC
If you get a reasonable ATAR you could still be competitive! Wouldn't throw all your hopes out the window, as long as you're still >90th percentile you still have a decent chance
Yeah, but I mean 90th percentile is still way higher than my score. I've thrown out any hope, so I am just waiting for the official rejection.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)