Medicine Query (1 Viewer)

Scrubd

HSC
Hello there BoredofStudies community,
I've got many questions to ask =S;
-What is the difference between Bachelor of Dental Science and Oral Health?
-Will La Trobe University be the only place in Melbourne that will be offering spots for 2011?
-Now I've tried to research much about Pharmacy (the negativity that many have cited has put me off this career path), is it that lackluster once graduated? I am considering this as I believe I may not achieve the score (I'm assuming I'll get 96~) to get into La Trobe (read it was 98.88 and above to get in).
-What other career choices/pathways do I have? I am currently studying the following subjects: Methods (CAS), English, Biology, Chemistry and Accounting.
Help very much appreciated :)

anfonnee

HSC
Bachelor of Dental Science you finish and become a dentist; Bachelor of Oral Health you finish and become either an oral health therapist or dental hygeinist. Both are in the dentistry field but significantly different to dentists in terms of what procedures they're allowed to do.

If you're interested in dentistry, then as far as I know, La Trobe is the only uni in vic that offers it. If you really want to become a dentist then maybe apply interstate e.g. UQ

as for what career paths, its up to you really. I don't see why you haven't considered medicine? Pharmacy isn't that bad, its a pretty good lifestyle. You may hear people complaining about not making use of a lot of what you learn but thats the case with most uni courses.

If you wanna know more about dentistry then feel free to ask

If you got more questions about

Scrubd

HSC
Thanks for replying guys!,
Haha, I do like watching scrubs but season 9 just sucks without JD's awesome narrating :(
-What do you mean when you say "haven't considered medicine"?
and -I just want to know some possible pathways I can identify with my present subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)