Medicine + UMAT (1 Viewer)

nottellingu

HSC
Hey guys, I was just wondering how many people out there intrested in doing med are going to UMAT prep courses. I am trying to decide whether i should go or not but friends and family friends are telling me that its a waste of time and that the umat is one of those instinctive things that either comes to u or doesnt.

Also, does anyone know much about the companies that run these courses such as med-entry and face to face or something and how effective they are. Would it be too late to enrol now and how many sessions do they have? lol sorry about all the questions

srslysmiley57

HSC
nottellingu said:
Hey guys, I was just wondering how many people out there intrested in doing med are going to UMAT prep courses. I am trying to decide whether i should go or not but friends and family friends are telling me that its a waste of time and that the umat is one of those instinctive things that either comes to u or doesnt.

Also, does anyone know much about the companies that run these courses such as med-entry and face to face or something and how effective they are. Would it be too late to enrol now and how many sessions do they have? lol sorry about all the questions

Yeah im interested in med read up a bit on the UMAT prep stuff i dont think its worth it. UNSW site has a couple of practise questions and they recommend you do a couple of qs to get familiar with format but at least a third of the test is visual stuff, pretty much pattern recognition so dont kno how you can prepare. your choice but see if you can find free practice qs on the net before paying heaps of money for 1 of those things

good luck!

nottellingu

HSC
I think ill wait for another set of exams so i can be confident that i will meet the min UAI cut off. Arrgghhh i also found out today i fucked up english assesment worth 15% :burn:

msiatlsc

HSC
well im intersted in doing med but im not enrol in any of the umat prep courses...money woes....besides i thought that none of these umat-prep courses are accrediated even though they say they say they are accrediated, os i dont know who to believe...im gonna try asking my career advisor if this is true or not, though i think that the are not really accedriated..

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Many say they are endorsed by such and such, they are also accredited by the government as an educational/teaching company like most places which run courses. But no course is reccommended or endorsed by ACER the company that runs umat. Read the UMAT informaiton booklet!

nottellingu

HSC
Yeh i found out today that UNSW actually thinks that ppl that attend prep courses may be disadvantaged !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)