MedSc Students Past or Present (1 Viewer)

bokiniec

Not a New Member
HSC
Hey,

I was just wondering, my school "mentor" and librarian LOL! said that in our first year of MedSc we get a Dead Body REAL!!!! for our Anatomy, Histology and Physiology practicals.

Can anyone tell me if this is true or not.

Thanks,

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
bokiniec said:
Hey,

I was just wondering, my school "mentor" and librarian LOL! said that in our first year of MedSc we get a Dead Body REAL!!!! for our Anatomy, Histology and Physiology practicals.

Can anyone tell me if this is true or not.

Thanks,
Yeh, their called cadavers by the way and their heads are usually shaven to protect their identitity.
In intro to anatomy and histology you will be using cadavers or parts of cadavers for disections, viewing, etc. Quite a few times esp if your at Campbelltown, the Hawkesbury people only have 3 cadaver practical sessions scheduled.

bokiniec

Not a New Member
HSC
Wooz said:
Personally I'm not looking forwards to it, i've got a weak stomach for smell.
haha, i doubt they smell, you doing yours at Hawkesbury aye?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Im pretty queasy around stuff like disinfectants and formaldahide, embalming chemicals, etc.

bokiniec said:
haha, i doubt they smell, you doing yours at Hawkesbury aye?
Yeh, Sci Adv(Med Sci) at Hawkesbury, Ctown is just too far for me, esp when I live in the Hawkesbury.

Last edited:

bokiniec

Not a New Member
HSC
Yeah, got a uai of 86 and both chem and bio where in the top band 5's so i should be able to do it after 1 year (stupuid me didnt do UMAT :p) but if i cant then i shall just finish MedSc majoring in Medicinal Chem or Human Bioscience Major and then apply as post grad.

Last edited:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
bokiniec said:
Yeah, got a uai of 86 and both chem and bio where in the top band 5's so i should be able to do it after 1 year (stupuid me didnt do UMAT :p) but if i cant then i shall just finish MedSc majoring in Medicinal Chem and then apply as post grad.
You will still need the min uai requirements of either 93 for GWS or 95 after 1 year of studies + umat for an interview. It really does look like everyone who's doin med sci at uws is trying to get into med.

bokiniec

Not a New Member
HSC
Wooz said:
It really does look like everyone who's doin med sci at uws is trying to get into med.
mm, i know alot of people from my school who didnt get into medicine at their desired unis (im the only one at uws :p) and are doing MedSc to transfer into MBBS.

Are you going to go the distance with MedSc or do u also wanna transfer into MBBS

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
bokiniec said:
mm, i know alot of people from my school who didnt get into medicine at their desired unis (im the only one at uws :p) and are doing MedSc to transfer into MBBS.

Are you going to go the distance with MedSc or do u also wanna transfer into MBBS
Im in SCI Adv so i don't have to go all the way, yeh im gonna try to transfer to any MBBS course next year. Coz, i hate science so much, im a humanities person.

bokiniec

Not a New Member
HSC
Wooz said:
Im in SCI Adv so i don't have to go all the way, yeh im gonna try to transfer to any MBBS course next year. Coz, i hate science so much, im a humanities person.
haha, fair enough

redshoes

HSC
I am a current Medical Science student in Campbelltown. I was Just wondering any of you interested in sitting for the umat?

IF SO REPLY ASAP.

THANKS.

redshoes

HSC
HEY

I AM A MED SCIENCE STUDENT AT UWS CAMPBELLTOWN. ANY ONE DOING THE UMAT THIS YEAR? LET ME KNOW ASAP....THNKSSS!

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Yeah, I am but I'm at Hawkesbury but im forming a umat study group in the city.

Skater_bum

HSC
wooz keep me updated about the umat study group , ay if your into study then drinking

Skater_bum

HSC
i was at c/town for med science , majority of the pracs iin anotomy we were exposed to cadavers , because their kept on campus we have more use than other campusez.

loki911

HSC
do they creep you out with the dissecting of a real human body? what about the smell? i am just wondering because i did biology and we had to dissect a ox kidney which was okay kinda went gagged cause of the smell and next was the cane toad which i almost puked at since the smell was rank. Now i am wondering if med sci is for me ....?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)