mega roadtrip (1 Viewer)

dive246

some friends and i have bought an old clapped out van and are planning a pretty mega roadtrip from the far south coast around the coastline to WA. with the price of petty n alchomohols we'll probly have to do some work fruit picking and the such along the way. fun fun. is anyone else heading in that direction? does anyone know of anything we should make an extra effort to see/do or avoid? any advice would be supa dupa

piecheck

HSC
N/A
hey thats sounds quite fun, some friends and i were lookin at doing that aswell, where will u be sleeping? - in the van? - and how much did the van cost u guys?
hmm, i don't reli have any advice - ohh though - remeba to lock you van, and keep it locked while your on the road or even parked - cos i'v heard a few cases where ppl try to open the door, get in and chuck the driver out etc etc unoe.

BeastieBoy

HSC
awesome idea mate. i've always wanted to do that, but its hard to get a few people interested. i wouldn't want to take my own car either, too many kms, too much stress on the car, etc.

i hope one of you guys has some mechanical knowledge in case something goes wrong. luckily with older cars they are easier to fix.

dive246

we'll be sleeping in the van n camping out tent style. we bargained this guy down to $500 for three vans, although we could only drive one home so we stripped the others to get the best parts. but we still gotta get rego, insurance etc.. it sure wont be the cheapest of outings. i think well be taking like 100L of homebrew to try n cut costs! weve got.. mediocre mechanical knowledge... thats a bit of a worry as is the security. i guess well just have to guard it with pots pans n spearguns. i cant wait, the beaches over there are unbelievable.

kylie-rose

HSC
they arent easier to fix if its broken down in the middle of nowhere.... i assume you are going along the nullabour, i would take some spare petrol with you cos its a fair hike between roadhouses and being an old dogy van i would guess fuel consumption would be a bit iffy.
make sure you have permits if you need them for where you plan to camp, because there is a lot of aboriginal land that requires permits.
a good i dea would also be to look at getting a cb/uhf radio installed, because if you get into trouble you are better off trying to contact local roadhouses, truckies etc on that than a mobile phone (which could have limited reception)

atlasheadKING

Wow, you're from the south coast, trippin' to WA in a "clapped out van" with over 100L of Homebrew? This sounds mightely familiar.........

I recommend that you go see some live music in Melbourne, hit that festival in Bussleton, eat nothing but rice and fish, go diving with whale sharks on Ningaloo reef, abuse family and friend's hospitatilty in Vic by getting free meals, and if you happen to by any random chance have a friend going who could be turning 18 just before new YEar's, you should find somewhere totally kick ass to spend those couple of days... somewhere with an Irish pub and awesome diving..... mmmmmm, beer and beaches.

Dammit, I came on the net to get ext english notes. I have a hard enough time doing ANYTHING at the moment without daydreaming happily about the roadtrip, how did it find me here too?

Happy Birthday man, I'll see you tonight. Lets attempt to wipe out all that knowledge that we no longer need - English and Geography can fly away now!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)